Rainbow Carving

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Haven't done any carving in a while (and I still consider myself a novice), but was inspired by doing some fly fishing in Boone (my youngest son and his wife have a cabin in Boone right on the New River...also on AirBnb).

I used cutoffs from some 2x4's for the fish and the rocks. The fish is colored with watercolor pencils and the rocks are painted with artist's acrylics. The spots, fins and other details on the fish are burned (the eyes ae glass bird eyes). Both were then covered in clear, high gloss acrylic (I didn't want poly to change the color too much). Thanks for looking.

Rainbow.jpg

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Haven't done any carving in a while (and I still consider myself a novice), but was inspired by doing some fly fishing in Boone (my youngest son and his wife have a cabin in Boone right on the New River...also on AirBnb).

I used cutoffs from some 2x4's for the fish and the rocks. The fish is colored with watercolor pencils and the rocks are painted with artist's acrylics. The spots, fins and other details on the fish are burned (the eyes ae glass bird eyes). Both were then covered in clear, high gloss acrylic (I didn't want poly to change the color too much). Thanks for looking.

View attachment 203948
Novice lmao If that's novice I want to be at that level beautiful work

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Your work is beautiful...extremely well done! Thank you for sharing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS