Radial arm saw motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
So I had my friend who works at a motor shop check on the cost of converting to the optional 3hp, single phase 220V motor for my "new" radial arm saw to avoid the 3 phase issue. His cost with discounts is $1500!!! On a saw that retails for $3k. Oh well... I guess I'm either going to have to Ebay it or get creative. How about a gas powered radial arm saw? Hmmm....
ras.jpg

woodguy1975

New User
John
Just buy a phase converter. A 3 Hp static phase converter will only cost you $200. Just supply that from a 30 amp 220 single phase breaker and your RAS is alive and kicking.

John

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
I vote for WG's suggestion, of a phase converter.

I believe that is an Italtian made RAS, that B&D had make the last of their Dewalt RAS sold in the US back in the early 80's.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Good call. It is Italian. Now I'm thinking of a rotary converter. You can get a 5 HP for about $400. But I've got to get someplace with a 220 outlet first...

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
I'll be the odd guy out and say sell it and take the profit to by something you want and can use.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Jonz, you're a Godsend
I just...and I mean JUST got home from Home Depot where I was looking at DeWalt's newest planer...and you just decided how I'm going to afford it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS