Quilters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptofimpact

Pete
User
Our daughter makes beautiful quilts, so I saw this on a scrollsaw forum, copied it, used baltic birch ply, outcome is Ok but had some lifting when tape was removed
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN3566.JPG
    DSCN3566.JPG
    669.4 KB · Views: 284

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Looks OK Pete but if you cut it from a solid wood panel, say 1/4", you wouldn't have the separation. Anyhow, that does look good, and I'm sure she will love it. I just may swipe that pattern myself.....

Ptofimpact

Pete
User
Bruce thanks I still have pattern I can scan it and email if you wish?

Looks OK Pete but if you cut it from a solid wood panel, say 1/4", you wouldn't have the separation. Anyhow, that does look good, and I'm sure she will love it. I just may swipe that pattern myself.....

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nicely done. I do not like to use tape on plywood, any kind of plywood, just for that reason. I use 3M Super 77 spray adhesive and I mount my pattern directly to the plywood. I remove the pattern with mineral spirits (MS).

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you very much Pete! I will cut this pattern shortly, it will be a stack cut and then glued to a backer, and framed. I'll try posting pic's of the finished product. Thank you again kind sir!

cskipper

Cathy
That's terrific! Great job!!! I use the shelf liner on plywood (actually on all wood) instead of tape. It lifts very gently, but does stay secure as long as needed. Thanks for sharing.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
That's terrific! Great job!!! I use the shelf liner on plywood (actually on all wood) instead of tape. It lifts very gently, but does stay secure as long as needed. Thanks for sharing.
Me Too Cathy, love the shelf liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors