quick poll

What is your level?

• Total voters

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
A Perspective, not sure "professional" should only be considered by income you generate. I spent 11 years of my life playing in a symphony and chamber groups for a liviing, today I do not Yet, my skill playing music skill are still a professional level. Case n point, many music groups make money playing sub-standard music out of tune, really can't keep rhythm, generally without skill yet, they make money. So that metric is a bit misleading, Imho ... just sayin.
Being a "pro" doesnt mean youre good at it, just that people are willing to pay you to do whatever it is you do.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I'm a pretty basic hobbyist. Enjoy spending the time but the body is breaking down so I only spend a few hours a week in the shop. Used to make things to donate to Special Olympics and the Fragile X Foundation craft fairs and such.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I actually can say all three. I enjoy what I do on all fronts. Even when I’m upset about something on a project, I get joy out of working through it and making it right.

ncfromnc

New User
neil
Full time maker. Galleries, Craft shows, Guild shows.......all closed right now. But the internet (FB) has provided plenty of commission work for me during covid.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS