Quick and easy woodworking help wanted in Chapel Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi all,
I posted this ad on craigslist but thought I'd also list it here.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/trd/1682755893.html

I'd like to construct a large plywood terrarium and stand. I wanted this to be a DIY project as much as possible, however I lack the tools and workspace to cut the wood in the way that I'd like. I'm looking for someone who could make several clean, square cuts and cutouts in 4 4'X8' sheets of 3/4" birch plywood and 1 sheet of 1/2" plywood. See the picture at the link below for the approximate cut plan (gray areas are waste, colored areas are the pieces that I will need).

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_bmzO8CY1FUA/S7424AYny8I/AAAAAAAAAvY/weogPfsZFKM/s912/paludarium cutlist3.jpg

I plan to assemble several of the pieces into a case with miter joints, so many of the cuts need to be made at a 45-degree bevel. I'm planning on using regular miter joints, but if you have a router setup and can cut the edges for locking miters that would be fantastic. Also, I need you to have a vehicle that can be used to pick up the 4'X8' plywood sheets from Home Depot/Lowes, transport them to your workshop and then deliver the cut pieces to my apartment.

This should be a very quick job and I would imagine it would only take an hour or so if you have the appropriate tools and experience. I could help with marking out the cuts. If you're interested in helping me out please contact me by email and let me know what tools/experience you have, when you could do this and give me a quote for what you think is a reasonable price for the job (I'm flexible on how the pricing would work - we could do either an hourly rate, a price per cut or a total price for the job).

adeeb_r@yahoo.com

Thanks!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have opened this thread to allow everyone to see it. May be a good opportunity for someone. Please let the staff know if you take the poster up so we can close it.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
WOW: I get to do all that? I drive my truck and a trailer to HD, load all the material, drive back to my shop, do Beveled Pocket cutouts, perfectly I might add, then load everything back on the trailer, drive to this guys apt, unload all the pcs, Of course the " can ya give me a quick hand? "
AND I should be able to do it all in about an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
Man I want what he is smokin

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Hmmmmm...... 4 sheets of plywood, quality BORG plywood that is cut at 45 degree miters.....

Those cut outs for the glass are quite interesting, especially in plywood.....

I don't think you could do all this with a CNC in an hour......

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
WOW: I get to do all that? I drive my truck and a trailer to HD, load all the material, drive back to my shop, do Beveled Pocket cutouts, perfectly I might add, then load everything back on the trailer, drive to this guys apt, unload all the pcs, Of course the " can ya give me a quick hand? "
AND I should be able to do it all in about an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:
Man I want what he is smokin

This seems to be the norm these days. Most folks want to be your project manager and decide how much you don't get paid.

DaveD

New User
Dave
Sounds like an interesting project.

I can do all that pretty quick. Miter cuts are no problem. I can pick up the material when I pick up other stuff I buy there. 2 hours time (one hour to cut and one hour to help you assemble) should cover it. I only have time to help assemble for one hour though since I'm booked solid and this would be a fill in job for me.

My hourly rate is $500/hour. Let me know when you want to send the deposit of 50% ($500) to get me started and let me know when to pick up the pre paid plywood from HD. The HD on Six Forks and Strickland will be the one I will go to.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
DaveD,

You are forgetting the trip to and from Chapel Hill. You know you can't run your truck up and down the highway for nothing.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS