Quick and EASY Holiday gift Contest... You have 19 days to enter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
My how time flies!!!! There are 8 days left in this contest. We have some great entries already, don't miss out your chance to show off your talents! Post your entries here!!!

Hello everyone. In the spirit of the season, I would like to announce a QUICK Holiday contest brought to you by the senior moderators of NCWoodworkers!!

The contest is called "Quick and easy Holiday gifts." Since time is running short before Christmas, it would be great if we could have some nice pictures of what some of you guys and gals are doing for friends and family for Christmas gifts. It may give someone a few ideas on what to make for that someone that is "impossible to buy anything for."

The rules:
  1. The item or gift MUST be made by you!
  2. It does NOT have to be made specifically for this contest, but it does have to be woodworking related. The item or gift could have been made in the past, or made for this holiday season. A picture of something you "plan on doing" will not count.
  3. The item MUST be able to be completed in a single weekend, start to finish. We are after all, after quick and easy gifts.
  4. There must be a minimum of 5 Participants to have a contest. In other words, if less than 5 people enter, no winner, no losers, no bragging rights, no prize, no contest.
Who is eligible:
  1. Any member in good standing. ( Except for the judging panel )
The Judging panel:
  1. Clowman (Me)
  2. DaveO
Judging criteria.
Entries will be made by photograph. Please post your entries in the thread in this link. Judging will be based on quality, uniqueness, general cool factor of the gift, ease of construction and overall final product appearance.

The contest will officially run from November 24rd - December 12th, at 9pm.

There will be one winner, and one prize. The prize is a 12 gal. Ridgid Shop Vac.

The winner must pick up their prize, or arrange to meet me in the Raleigh area for hand off, or arrange for the NCWWer pony express. I will not ship. In the event that the winner cannot take the prize, it will be awarded to the 2nd place, then 3rd, and so forth.

Any questions, please post them here. You can post your official entries in HERE

Come on people... only 32 shopping days till Christmas. I got to have time to [strike]steal[/strike]...umm borrow your ideas!

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great idea Clay....wish I could enter :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:
I look forward to seeing what y'all can come with :icon_thum

Dave:)

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Too busy right now, but for an idea, check out the 2 x 4 Project in my gallery. That's a 2 day (total) project if you use lacquer finish and can be mass produced. Not "personal" but something everyone could use. It did end up being a "gift', because when LOML took it over to her mother's to show it to her, it never came back home!
Go

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mark, it doesn't need to be a project that you make in the contest time. Just something that you did that fits the requirement.....like your waste basket -

Frtview1.JPG

Although I am not sure how easy it was
I'll have to check with Clay, but I believe you are officially entered :icon_thum

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Scott, that is great :icon_thum:icon_thum What did you have to do with the pin that makes the music mechanism start when the box is opened??

scott hamm

New User
scott
I had to drill a hole down and a larger one across.
then i added a spring wire across the bent end that would hold the arm off the blade on the music works.
i have the plan/article and could copy it and send it to you if you want it.
i've made a few others and have one on my desk now ready to finish.
the qutside stock is made in long pieces and cut to lenth and angles and glued it.
all you need is a router and a table saw to make the sides.
they are simple and easy to make.
the main cost is the works, but i watch yard sales and trade lots for cheap ones and use the works out of them.
i usually pay $1 for an old one .
sometines you can get some really expensive work in what you buy.

cskipper

Cathy
Well, I was going to make a new basket, but I guess making firewood doesn't count, huh? I'll get something in yet.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Don't know if you'll win here with firewood... but I remember as a boy, when firewood would have been a welcome gift....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS