Question, Carter Products and Yellowhammer Tool Works

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I do not think my issue is with Carter Products but since this is one of their items I put their name on the banner.
My son gave me a Carter quick release for my 14" Delta band saw. He bought it through Amazon. The name of the company on the address label is Yellowhammer Tool Works.
The shipping box was the Carter product box. The box was half crushed and had broken open down one side. An eight year old could have done a better job of taping the box back together. I shook the box and could hear parts bouncing around. I do not think Carter just threw the parts in a box and sold it. I did not even open the box. I logged into Amazon site and printed a free return label.
I figured this was a return Item and Yellowhammer just shipped it out in the condition it was returned. Did not think it would happen again, yeah right. I ordered the release again and the second box arrived in the same condition as the first one. I opened this one and found the handle wrapped in a little bubble wrap and the other parts just loose in the box. I am going to call Carter in morning and send them a picture of the inside of the box. If it was my company product I would want to know.
Has anyone ever heard of Yellowhammer Tool Works.
We have ordered hundreds of products from Amazon and never had a problem.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
It's not just Amazon. I ordered electronic parts from Newegg, and found out that they were being shipped from China. These large mail order companys outsource about half of their products. A lot of it comes from unknown companys some good some awful. I've just about stopped ordering from Amazon.

Pop :mad:

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Pop, I think you misses my point about Amazon. I have had great success using Amazon Prime.

I do have a follow up about Carter on this issue. The Carter instructions are about as bad as I have seen. The step by step instruction are poorly written and refer to pictures that are a very poor quality and way to small to be of much help. I am a mechanical engineer and still find these instructions poor. I usually pay attention to written directions but these are going in the trash. I will just figure it out for my self.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS