Question about recalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey1

New User
Jesse
Simply put. How long are tool recalls eligible for repair or replacement? My porter cable 890 router lost performance (doesn't attain full speed and torque) so I replaced the brushes because they were chipped and the commuters looked good. Needless to say that didn't fix the problem. So........upon some research I came across some information that porter cable placed a recall on these routers back around 2006ish for potential electric shock issues. Assuming I am able to fix this thing, I would rather not get shocked because I missed something. So can I take this thing in and just get it replaced or just eat it and get a new router?
Thanks

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Apparentally, Porter-Cable is off today so I can't ask them.

Q. The SNs on my 890s are different from those on the list, so I don't know which parts of the SN is the actual SN :slap:

What is stamped in the SN field on mine are:
2007-37-49 (these #s are offset somewhat, but this editor won't accept leading spaces)

2055159 (these #s are offset somewhat, but this editor won't accept leading spaces)

Any help?

hockey1

New User
Jesse
I believe the problems existed in the early run production of this router. Don't quote me but I would imagine that the numbers you have listed have had the fix already incorporated.

Like you I called too with no luck. So I started calling the listed service centers and none of which I called told me they actually repair porter cable products. At least one of them referred me to the dewalt service center in Raleigh. So after bickering with them for some time they finally agreed that the company should eat the cost of shipping and not I because it is a recall issue. So now I get to wait for them to send somebody to pick the boxed up tool from my front porch. 2-3 days from what I was told. We will see how this turns out. I feel a little bit skeptical of this whole evolution because I had to tell the service center where exactly to find the recall. Now to be fair the gentlemen that I spoke at the service center was very prompt in returning phone calls and showed effort to get this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors