QSWO Side Table Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak3

New User
Jacob
Hello and good evening!

I just recently finished this side table. It's been a long time coming but I'm so happy and so relieved to finally see it completed! This is my first piece of furniture and my first major project at home. Many hours after school and weekends of sweat have went into it! All joinery was done completely by hand. All shaping was done by hand. All white oak except poplar drawer bottom. The only place I cheated unfortunately was I used a sander to get a good finish. Also I used a power lathe at school before I graduated to do the drawer knob. Finished used was Danish oil, feed n wax, and paste wax. It's been very challenging especially the sliding dovetails to attach the top and the half blind dovetails on the drawer front. There's a few areas that need improvement but overall I am very proud to have made this totally by myself with tools I bought and restored and sharpened myself. I can't wait for the next project!!

Thanks for reading! Apologies for the flood of photos.

pnDXjq3.jpg

KPJqNqI.jpg

YBdVEi1.jpg

uj11WKh.jpg

uIKE3D7.jpg

MLiJrfz.jpg

lp1I6lU.jpg

7rF2rgR.jpg

Hope you enjoyed thanks for looking!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It turned out just fine. You should be proud.

Last edited:

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Looks fantastic. I like the bead detail along the bottom. Wow stopped sliding dovetails to attach the top and allow it to move... that's a hard thing to do by hand.

Keep it up!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks fantastic! Very nice detail on the drawer. And never apologize for too many photos...can't have too many photos.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very well crafted Jacob! That is a piece of work you can be proud of the rest of your life.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
That table looks great!

The beading detail is a nice and subtle touch. I’m also a fan of how you used the flecks to compliment the table legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS