Puzzles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Patterns from SSW&C. I think from the 2008 Holiday issue but don't take my word for it.

First the butterfly - Purpleheart. Next time I decide to use purpleheart for one of these things, somebody beat some sense into my head... :BangHead:

The next two puzzles, if I recall the article in the magazine, are oriental design/style puzzles:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
First the butterfly - Purpleheart. Next time I decide to use purpleheart for one of these things, somebody beat some sense into my head... :BangHead:

:argue::slap::slap: :gar-Bi Why - was the PH that hard to work with

Nice job on all of them Greg :icon_thum

Hook

New User
Gregory
was the PH that hard to work with

PH is not kind to blades (due to density) and when a blade starts to dull, tracking is nearly impossible as is keeping the 90 degree angle around corners and curves. I think I used 6 blades on that...:eek: started with a #3 and ended up switching to #5's with added tension. All the while I was sniffing the air for the telltale sign of burning...:kamahlitu fortunately, that was kept to a minimum. I only have one joint in that puzzle that is difficult to assemble from both directions.

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Good Job on the puzzles. I experimented with ipe when I did a little bear puzzle once. Had the same problem with the density issue. Just has some leftover ipe from a deck job and wanted to see how difficult it was to scroll. Did pretty good so long as you could go slow and a dozen blades.:wsmile:

Hook

New User
Gregory
Thank you all. Here's one more for good measure.

Santa's workshop is officially closed for the night (unless the mrs lets me move it inside off of the back porch).:icon_scra

cskipper

Cathy
These are great! I'm so glad that you cut the animal ones. I tried several and the fit is too lose. Did you angle your table? What blade did you use? I really would like to do the whole set, but they need to fit tighter than my first ones. I think they'd be great shelf-sitters - someday I'm really going to do a craft show (how long have I been saying that?)

dlrion

New User
Dan
Me too!!

I got this book for christmas and have been going nuts with it ever since!

showphoto.php

I have really enjoyed this since the holidays,

have you seen the complicated puzzles in the back?

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to do some puzzles

http://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Puzzle...?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1264844674&sr=8-5

Hook

New User
Gregory
I believe I have that book :)

Here are a couple more I did a few weeks ago.
DSCF000126.JPG

DSCF000226.JPG

Pay no attention to the troublemaker in the background :wink_smil

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Me too!!

These are wonderful Gregory~!

I have always wanted to know how that is done~! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful puzzles with us.

We are actually having Dlrion (Dan) in La Grange Show us how to do this at the Goldsboro Shop Crawl on Feb 6th.

I Can't wait, it will be very interesting.

Stick&String

New User
Scott
Those look great!
I have been looking for some gift ideas for kids and it might cost me having to buy a scroll saw but hey who dosent want more tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS