Purple Heart Box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
I was commissioned to make this box by a dear friend of mine who was injured in Iraq...

I was honored to make this for him.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Christopher great job on the box and a great thing you did for one of our brave - Next time you see him please tell him "thank you" for me

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chris that looks great. How did you "raise" the panel??
I really like the miter keys, they make a good looking box.
Dave:)

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Thanks for the kind words guys. Dave, I used a raised pannel bit that I just got. With the design, I couldn't make the rails and stiles. Toolferone was the mastermind of the splines, from a WC class a few years ago.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
Nice work! I thought you had made a box out of "purpleheart." I like this purple heart box better. Tell your friend "thanks" for me too.

Sully

New User
jay
Nice looking box. I had the same thought: "That doesn't look like any purpleheart I've ever seen." Now I understand.

Also give my "thanks for serving" to your friend.

J

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
nice box!:icon_thum and a noble jesture too:eusa_clap O too was looking for purple heart but in the second pic I found it.:embaresse

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Chris that is a beautiful box:icon_thum.Of course the MAN deserves everyones respect for what he has done for ALL of us. Please tell he THANK YOU for me also. I've built a few of those style of box's like that myself. I put plexi in the front so you didn't have to open the box to show it off.

bwat

New User
Bill
Great work. I hope you got as much joy and pride during construction as I did from the meaning of the project.

And relay my personal and my family's gratitude as well to your friend.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Chris, that is a fine looking box. I'm sure that it will be cherished. You've got a lot of talents in woodworking (saw the bench project too). :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

skeeter

New User
Charles
Great job on the box. Please add my thanks to the list for your friend. He should be proud of the box as we are for what he sacrificed for all of us.

scrollski

New User
Jim
Chris,

Great box and thoughts. As like many veterans who receive medals they do not like to show them off. This will be a great keep sake for his family. One suggestion, wood burn on the bottom of the box or place a letter in the box his name, date and any other information about the medal. This way in future years when someone picks the box up they understand who, when and what for this medal was awarded.

Thanks,
Jim

bluewing92

New User
Norm
A beautiful box for a great reason. Here is another "Thank You" for your friend who has proven once again that freedom is not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS