Proud New Owner of a SawStop ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael S.

New User
Mike
Hey Guys and Gals,

At my wife's insistence I finally purchased my SawStop ICS this weekend... I know there are a variety of opinions concerning the SawStop saws, but once my wife saw the hotdog video, it was all over... As I get the 650lb beast out of my trailer (hopefully tomorrow), I will try and snap some pictures and relate my opinion(s) of how it goes together...

However, due to the purchase, I now have a very nice Delta X5 Unisaw for sale (just posted in the classified section). It's 3hp, 220v with the 52" fence... No issues... I will soon have it loaded in my trailer and am willing to deliver within a reasonable distance... Maybe to Charlotte, but not much further north. Asking $1100 and I'm including two brand new blades, several zero clearance inserts, and a Freud 6" Pro-Dado set, as I had to purchase an 8" for the SawStop.

Also includes a Delta mobile base for the saw (not pictured)...

If you are interested, give me a call at (803)408-8918 or email me at mstockdale@sc.rr.com and we can work out a meeting.

Mike

DSC_0492.jpg

Dnorris1369

Dustin
User
Congrats on the saw stop That's a good looking unisaw will make someone happy. Don't forget to post those pics of the sawstop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The SS ICS is a very nice saw. I don't recall reading a lot of posts expressing regret over the purchase.

I have your Uni's slightly older brother and it has been a great saw. Good luck on the sale.

I think that you should include as many details as possible about the Uni. Which mobile base is included?

Michael S.

New User
Mike
Well... believe it or not, I got a call from a gentleman in Asheville this morning who said to consider the saw sold! Maybe I should have asked more? :) FWIW, the mobile base was the Delta piece that was sold with the saw... I used it for a while, but found that I was never moving the saw, so it ended up stored under the stairs in my workshop.

Not sure if he is an NC Woodworker member or not... I will ask him when we meet this coming Friday to complete the transaction. If not, I will certainly invite him to check us out!

Hoping to enlist a couple of neighbors this afternoon to help get the SS ICS out of the trailer... In the crate it weighs 650lbs, and that's without the rails, or the table, or a couple of other items that come packed separately... I'll try and post pictures as I drag it out and get it assembled...

Thanks for the comments...

Mike

woodcraftmgr

New User
Todd Bynum
Congratulations on your new Sawstop ICS. It is a beautiful piece of equipment who's fit and finish will rival anything available today. I think you will be especially pleased with the quality of hardware and attention to detail in regard to the assembly instructions.

Todd

Michael S.

New User
Mike
Didn't manage to get the SawStop out of the trailer today... Just too much going on with Easter Sunday to even attempt. I am hoping to "borrow" a pallet jack from work tomorrow to help moving the new saw into the workshop. Will keep everyone apprised of my progress.

Mike

Michael S.

New User
Mike
Well... Needed a pallet jack to get the crate out of my trailer... Thankfully, I was able to borrow one from my workplace... Made the job pretty easy actually! No power applied yet, but I am pretty much done with assembly. As others have reported, the instructions are very well executed! So far, I've had only one problem... The left face of the fence varies in thickness by .011 making aligning it nearly impossible. A call to SawStop today resulted in a new piece being mailed to me asap... Can't complain about that! The right fence surface was fine (varied only .002), so since they are symmetrical I just swapped the left for the right and pressed-on. Bought some 10-3 wire on my way home today and I hope to make my first cuts this weekend! :)

IMG_20140421_200621.jpgIMG_20140421_200927.jpgIMG_20140421_201349.jpgIMG_20140421_202408.jpgIMG_20140422_231225.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS