Project Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejones

New User
Dave
I got the last coat of finish on the dresser/changing table today. I moved it into the house as suggested by a couple of members here. It made a huge difference in keeping the dust out of the finish.

Not perfect, but I am happy. Now on to the crib!

Dresser_Complete_2.jpg

View image in gallery

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I really like it, very clean lines without being overly contemporary. It'd fit just about anywhere (if you ever get tired of it, I have just the spot for it :)). And nice job on the finish!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Not perfect?! :slap: Who are you trying to kid? Tight dovetails, nice looking top..and that is just a cursory glance.

jhreed

New User
james
Nice design, flawless joinery, rich finish. Change the mint green to Carolina Blue.

I know you are proud, and you should be.\
James

T

toolferone

Dave that came out really nice! How did you cut the dovetails and is there a reason they are different sizes on the drawers? A heirloom peice to be sure!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very , very nice work there Dave!:eusa_danc

The simple lines and excellent dovetail work will allow this piece to fit into any decor it finds a home.

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne

davejones

New User
Dave
Thanks all for the compliments!

The case is walnut, with poplar for the drawer boxes. Finish is Trans-tint dark walnut (direct order by SWMBO - "Make It Dark!") with 5 coats of Minwax Polycrylic.

All of the dovetails were cut with a router/jig (Leigh D4R). The reason the drawers are different is just because I was trying to be creative. It didn't work out the way I thought, but I figured this picture would be the only time anyone will see all the drawers open at the same time so I didn't bother to re-do them.

The design is a compromise between my tastes (more classic styling) and my wife's (more contemporary). The drawer openings are a little deeper than most (another direct order from SWMBO), starting at 10.5 in on the bottom, 9.5 in in the middle, and 7.5 on the top. Sized to fit in the nursery to be used as a changing table, but still be suitable for a dresser.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I really like it, very clean lines without being overly contemporary. It'd fit just about anywhere (if you ever get tired of it, I have just the spot for it :)). And nice job on the finish!

I was thinking the same thing. Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS