Project Complete - File Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
The recent issue of Woodsmith had 2 projects I really wanted to do. One was a file cabinet. I've been meaning to do a file cabinet for the last 8 years, but keep putting it off, or forgetting about it. ( btw - how do you forget about something for 8 years.. )

Anyway, the project is made from some jeffwood, Quartersawn Sycamore, and kiln dried by Scott. I really like this sycamore. This is the last of my stash. Finish is just straight poly.... Drawers use 100lb full extension slideouts.

A couple more pictures are in my gallery here.

Thanks for looking.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice cabinet Clay...... That is some pretty wood. I hope Jeff gets more of that real soon.

Bryan S

Bryan
I picked up that issue of woodsmith for the file cabinet. That sycamore looks good, I hope the one I do comes out half as nice.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Clay, that is a really nice pieces of furniture. Looks like the boys approve also. I like the Sycamore. I have a few pieces drying that Ivey gave me but haven't decided what to use it for.

How do the files hang in the drawers?

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
How do the files hang in the drawers?

The plan calls for some little metal rods to hang them on. They were kind of expensive for what they did IMO. We have enough files that we don't really need them. So, I'll not buy them unless I can find some for cheap, or I really have to have them.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
good job Clay.:icon_thum:icon_thum
Glad to see you back in action.:eusa_danc
Oh BTW, thanks for getting me into building beds.:slap: :wink_smil
If I remember correctly you got stuck with the same chores. arghhhh!:gar-La;

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nicely done, Clay!:wsmile:

A very classy look, for sure. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice work Clay, I am so glad that you had enough QS Sycamore to finish the project and didn't end up three boards short. I would have felt really bad :tinysmile_cry_t:

Glad to see you back at it again.

Dave:)

J

jeff...

That's really nice Clay - you did it up right didn't you :thumbs_up

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Clay, those are really nice. I saw those myself and was thinking real hard about them. But I went a different way. Great job!!!

Tom

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I am so glad that you had enough QS Sycamore to finish the project and didn't end up three boards short.

LOL.... That would have been my luck... but luck was definitely with me. I didn't screw anything up like I usually do!!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

One interesting to note. I let my 6 year old son, put the poly on both of the drawers. I told him. "It's up to you to do it right. I'm not going back over what you do." He was so proud of himself. ( I was prouder of him ) He did an outstanding job.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice Clay, very nice. Love the quilting on the sycamore. I have a POS file cabinet that desperately needs to be replaced as well. Been that way for the last 10 years! :rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS