Problem with reply to post and PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I'm back to having a problem posting a reply to a post or doing a PM. I get done typing and hit the post or send button and the site locks up and windows does a recover. Help Please

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Out of curiosity, were you using Internet Explorer and was IE open (esp on this site) for more than a few hours since you last closed all the IE windows (so that it could restart).

IE seems to become very unstable with the new site if you leave the browser open and running for more than a few hours at a time. This instability always seems to become most apparent during the composition and submission of replies.

Some of this behavior is almost certainly related to bugs in IE that Microsoft has yet to repair (it can take MS as long as 5+ years to fix even well-known bugs), but some may also be bugs within vBulletin. Hopefully the next update to vBulletin might improve things, but we won't know until afterwards. In my own experiences, IE9 has been far less stable and reliable in general, not just with this site, than its predecessor (especially on slower machines).

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
looks like sawmill creek is running Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 and I've never had that problem over there. Looks like earlier versions of what's running here don't have that issue.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
The reason you are not having the issue on SMC could either be the result of them running different plugins OR because you are presently using IE8. I have found IE9 to be considerably less stable and reliable than IE8 was. In fact, I seldom had issues with IE8 whereas IE9 either hangs or will begin to behave in inconsistent ways after a day or two if it is not regularly closed and restarted.

Obviously the added general instability of IE9 versus IE8 has nothing to do with this site or vBulletin, but aspects of vBulletin seem highly prone to triggering this latent instability.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Brad for asking about these problems. I'm having the exact same issues and never had them prior to the change. Using IE9 and don't want to change to IE8 unless it's absotively required. It's particularly bad when including pics into a post.

aplpickr

New User
Bill
I have been having a similar problem. I use IE9. Do control-C of your message bafore you attempt to post, that way you can repeat your message easier.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Don't mean to 'pile on', but I am also having the same problems.

Using IE9 on Windows7/64.

I have gotten into the habit of waiting for the auto-save to kick in before clicking on submit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS