problem with replies on iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
lately I have been having trouble on my iPad when I try to reply to a post or thread. After a few seconds (20-45) the reply window drops, safari closes then reopens. Sometimes the text is lost, other times not.

This issue is only a few weeks old, this never happened before.

THX

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Did you just update to IOS 5.0. Me too and I have the same problem.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
For grins, you might try changing your editing mode.

We've seen a few weird things using the WYSWIG editor. One version of firefox really went off the ranch for a period of time.

You can easily change it on the button bar above the post:
switchmode.gif

Can't promise this helps, but at least its a crazy thought!

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:7.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Don't know if this helps but I am running the new IOS5 and don't have any problems (IMac).
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.51.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.1 Safari/534.51.22

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I did recently upgrade to the new OS. Strange thing is that it usually works in quick reply mode (like right now) but not in regular reply mode.

I also now have trouble with windows closing intermently on the lost art press blog which also never happened before.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I did recently upgrade to the new OS. Strange thing is that it usually works in quick reply mode (like right now) but not in regular reply mode.

I also now have trouble with windows closing intermently on the lost art press blog which also never happened before.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3

When I say windows, I mean windows on the page in my iPad, not windows OS.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
David, I am having this same issue ever since the ios 5 update. A check of the Apple Community Support Forums shows a lot of people reporting a lot of problems with Safari and IOS 5. As usual, however, the problem reports don't have a lot of useful info. so it is hard to say that they are reporting the same problem. But I believe that ther are enough reports to indicate some sort of issue. So I am not going to work this myself. Apple will eventually get to this and in the meantime I won;t even try to reply on my iPad. I'll just monitor their community boards and wait for a new version.:BangHead::BangHead:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
When I say windows, I mean windows on the page in my iPad, not windows OS.
Good thought, but no help. Btw, using quick replyj seems to work better than normal.

David see if that helps

Posted from my iPad.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Thanks guys, looks like we will wait on apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors