Problem with posting pictures in thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
The upload problem may be fixed but I just tried to include 2 pix (114kb and 87kb) and got this:

1. The text that you have entered is too long (822474 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Re: Photo Upload, FIXED - I hope :)

The upload problem may be fixed but I just tried to include 2 pix (114kb and 87kb) and got this:

1. The text that you have entered is too long (822474 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.
Stupid question. How much data did you try to enter in the description. Assuming you didn't paste the Encyclopedia Britannia, could you email me the two pictures.

Oops. when you said include, did you mean upload or put in a post?

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe

Steve, I tried to post 2 pix from Charles Lent's album into a threAD. My verbage was Pic 1 and Pic2, plus the 2 pix.

I try to email them next.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

Steve, I tried to post 2 pix from Charles Lent's album into a threAD. My verbage was Pic 1 and Pic2, plus the 2 pix.

I try to email them next.
Like this?

Pic 1 and pic 2

DSCF00156.jpg

DSCF00164.jpg

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

Yep, that's what I was trying to do when I got the error msg...

Well then I have no idea what happened, sorry. Have you tried again?

This isn't really anything to do with the upload problem or even related. So I'm going to break this out and put in it's own thread in the help desk. So we can work it separately.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Well Joe, at least it looks like you found my photos. Maybe my posting problems weren't my problem after all.

Charley
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.220 Safari/535.1

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Joe, any chance you are using copy and paste to insert the photos?

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:7.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Charley, I had problems inserting your pix and had to get Steve to do it.
Thanks for the pix as I wasn't too sure how you attached the leg parts and the pic shows all.

Jim, yes I was trying to copy/paste.
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
:slap: :eusa_naug :rotflm:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Steve and Joe,

I'm using Google Chrome to access the internet and NCWoodworkers. If this is the problem it will be the first that I've had with it. I've posted with pictures to other sites using Chrome and never had a problem before this.

Charley
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.220 Safari/535.1

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve and Joe,

I'm using Google Chrome to access the internet and NCWoodworkers. If this is the problem it will be the first that I've had with it. I've posted with pictures to other sites using Chrome and never had a problem before this.

Charley
What problems are you having? We really can't help unless you give us a very detailed set of steps and and the corresponding results.

BTW, I also use Chrome sometimes without any real issues. If you are trying to copy a picture and then paste it into text of a post, it will not work. That's why I was making fun of Joe :gar-La;.

Read this and see if it helps

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1

Last edited:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
As Steve said, you cannot successfully cut-n-paste pics into an NCWW post.

The reality, a copied pic is a really, really big document. With few exceptions (teenie tiny pics), the number of characters making up a picture far exceeds our reasonable limit set for posts (5000 I think).

Quick example, a 4 meg jpeg on my computer has 4,728,498 characters. Took me several hours to count them (I ran out of fingers and toes).....

The link he posted is the way to go.

I laugh at myself:rotflm::confused_:rotflm: as I somehow guessed correctly.

Jim

Charley, I had problems inserting your pix and had to get Steve to do it.
Thanks for the pix as I wasn't too sure how you attached the leg parts and the pic shows all.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:7.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
If that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. However, until recently I've cut & pasted from my albums. So there.......:gar-Bi
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. However, until recently I've cut & pasted from my albums. So there.......:gar-Bi
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1

My apologies Joe, last night I was think about something and I suddenly realized that of course there were ways to insert pictures in a post that could be considered cut and paste. In fact, that was the way we used tell people to do it until we got fancy:gar-Bi

CIMG35211.JPG

That was how the above was done. Go to the picture you want to include and right click (context menu) select copy image link. Go to post you want and click on Picture icon paste into dialog box pop up. Voila.

Is that what you were trying to do? if so remember to "copy image link" or words to that effect. Not copy image.
showphoto.php
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS