[Problem-Other] Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Assigned To:: Unassigned
=====================================
At times when posting I can type faster than the characters show up on the screen, trust me I don't type fast either. I'm not joking there is like a 2 or 3 second delay from the time I type a character till it shows up on the screen. I Have to close firefox and restart it then everything is fine. I've noticed it starts to occur when I click on a link in a thread and it spawns a new firefox tab not a new firefox window.

Here's my system info :
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7

My linux system running firefox does not have this problem.

Here's it's system information:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7

Can ya'll help me? It appears to be a FF on Windoze problem...

Monty

New User
Monty
I would suggest making sure there are no other plugins or background software slowing things down on your windows machine.

J

jeff...

Yeah checked that and the cpu is like 95% unused - it's got me baffled...

J

jeff...

Playing around a little I was able to recreate the problem by clicking on the link that Scott provided in this thread. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10615
By doing so it spawned a new tab in firefox... causing the aforementioned problem.

So poking around, I found a setting in FF under (tools / options) to stop tab spawns and open a new window instead. Thereby fixing the problem I think, so far so good anyways. I also uploaded the picture of the Firefox setting, knowing full well I am in violation of corporate policy and subjecting my self to cruel and unusual punishment of 40 lashes with a wet noodle :lol: but I did it only because I can not see uploading the picture to my photo gallery and thought it might be helpful to others.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem but changing FF to open a new window seems to work so far.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 179

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
. I also uploaded the picture of the Firefox setting, knowing full well I am in violation of corporate policy and subjecting my self to cruel and unusual punishment of 40 lashes with a wet noodle :lol: but I did it only because I can not see uploading the picture to my photo gallery and thought it might be helpful to others.
Actually,this would be an approved use of attachments in posts. Please see section V, paragraph 12.a of NCWW Posting polilcy.:lol:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Jeff, never had that particular problem, but stuff like that drive me nuts! Just starts up for no reason, (or because I've hit some key sequence I wasn't aware of) and I can't get it stopped. Right now, my desktop is HUGE icons and Fonts and I have no idea why. My sympathy!

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Jeff...can I suggest that you re-install firefox? It is something that I need to do myself from time to time and I find that it typically fixes any problems that I see. It is easy and quick to do. Just download the latest version, then remove it through your control panel. Re-installing only takes a few minutes.

HTH,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS