[Problem-Other] junk (?) email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Assigned To:: SteveColes
=====================================
This morning I have a bunch of emails ranting about Social Security issues. The emails use my forum name and reference NC Woodworkers. Just curious what is going on and if this is happening to anyone else.

thanks

Keye (halfblind)

Last edited by a moderator:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
my only thought here is that if you have included your regular 'unedited' email somewhere in a post here????? that that can happen, i.e.: myname@aol.com instead of a preferred: myname at aol.com. sure, the first version can be clicked on for convenience if you want someone to send a quick email, but you can also use the PM service here, or send directly to someone's email by using the 'send email' option. doing that, your private email is actually hidden from the sender, IIRC.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Can you see the sender's email address or any other potential identifing characteristics? If so please send me That info via PM.

If you know how to view the email "header" can you copy that and also send that via PM.

Oops and of course forward the whole email to me at stevecoles@ncwoodworker.net

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
my only thought here is that if you have included your regular 'unedited' email somewhere in a post here????? that that can happen, i.e.: myname@aol.com instead of a preferred: myname at aol.com. sure, the first version can be clicked on for convenience if you want someone to send a quick email, but you can also use the PM service here, or send directly to someone's email by using the 'send email' option. doing that, your private email is actually hidden from the sender, IIRC.

Actually, I suspect that this is not normal SPAM but rather a registered member using the email function to vent on their favorite political subject. I have gotten a few like that myself and just ignore them. But I always thought that since I have put my email address out there in the open, that is why it happened. But this sounds different

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Steve,
Please keep us posted on this email issue.

I have followed every stock lead I got via email and have yet to make a penny. :crybaby2:In fact, I'll lose money on every one if I sell now. I guess I just have to wait for the market to recover from all-time highs.

I really did think that using salt water for fuel was a winning idea, and I think that one is gonna hit the big time for me. :eusa_pray

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Keye...I did go through your history of posts and didn't see anywhere that you may have 'exposed' your email, so I'm guessing Steve is correct.

Cheers,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors