[Problem-Other] It's Still Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I use Mozilla/FireFox for opening NCWW. I have Home Page set as the FORUMS page.

I shut down the computer last night at 10:00PM. I turned the beast on this morning at about 8:15AM. I booted Mozilla and the FORUMS page came up (home page). I then go and get coffee and read the paper before coming back to the computer. I clicked on New Posts and there were 4 new posts all occurring after 8:15AM. BUT, under the line that says The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts:
Posts with the following post times showed
7/1 - 8:01
7:59
7:29
6:43
12:17
6/30 - 11:01
10:58

Maybe I just am doing something wrong but I would think that when I click on New Posts then all posts since my last visit to that screen would show as new. Maybe it is working correctly and I just need to use the New Posts screen as my 'Home Page' .

???

George

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I get the same message. I believe it's just letting you know what threads have been updated since your last visit, but still recognizes that you haven't read those posts yet.

gator

George
Corporate Member
The point is that these should show up above the message line not below. These are all new posts since my last visit. As I understand the system, all new posts since the last visit should be above the message and any posts that were there before or during your last visit, but you didn't read on your last visit, go below the message.

Maybe I just don't understand the system mechanics.

George

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
George and everyone. Unless you do a formal logoff, the system considers you still on the system for 15 minutes after you made your last page request.

So, if you viewed your last page view at 10:00, the system still considers you on until 10:15. It doesn't matter that you powered off. So anything posted until 10:15, will show below the line the next time you do a NewPosts

gator

George
Corporate Member
I can understand that quirk in the system, but why did seven posts after 10:15 show below the line?

Like I said, probably no big deal and I can live with it, I just think that there may be some glitch in the system, maybe.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS