Prime Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I was expecting more of a camo paint job :mrgreen:

Have you picked out the champagne for christening yet?

Full Speed Ahead,
Sapwood

J

jeff...

I really like to see folks take something old and rebuild it, it gives me a good feeling inside. The old saying "they don't make it like they used to", really applies to today, more so than ever. There is such a quality difference between Americian iron vs ******* junk (trying to be nice - you fill in the blank).

My hats off to you, for bringing an old piece of American Iron back to it's former glory :icon_thum. We really should try and do our part to preserve our great American history. Wood working tools being just one of them. If we all did our own little part, maybe, just maybe some companies would get the hint and increase their quality, what do you think?

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Low gloss black tractor & implement paint. At Monty's suggestion, I will also be adding a large number 3 with angel wings.......:lol:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Mike, I'm not painting any of the machined surfaces, just the castings. I will grease all moving surfaces prior to putting everything back together.

Mike Davis said:
Will the ways be painted when done or will you scrape them to bare metal and grease them well? I guess it's not as critical as a metal lathe.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Steve,
The Crescent has come a loooooooooooooooong way!!!!!:eusa_clap It is really looking swell! You are no doubt counting down the days/hours now before she is placed into service.

Been watching (via your posts) from the inception, and I am very, very impressed with your work and fine attention to detail! It has come along great.

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne

Monty

New User
Monty
Steve D said:
number 3 with angel wings.......:lol:

Don't forget the halo!

wings3.jpg

Looks like you'll have a mighty fine looking jointer in your shop. Now you'll have to spiff up all your other tools to match! :icon_thum

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Looking good Steve. You know, if that thing is too big for your shop, I could probably squeeze it into mine:eusa_whis . Of course, you could just keep it in the garage and park your car ON it! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Take care,

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I would have thought BATTLESHIP GRAY would be the color of choice!!! Or maybe that doesn't apply to the "Carrier Group", huh?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking good Steve!

Chuck

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks all..... it's been a fun project but I am definitley anxious to get it fired up. The new knives came in last week and everything is set to go. I had originally planned for Gray but after seeing som other restorations done in Black I changed my mind. We'll see once the paint goes on.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Looking good Steve. Are all the misc parts primed too? Are you going to shoot the paint? Keep us posted on the progress. Need any help with the electrical?

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Everything is primed and ready to go. I brushed and rolled the primer but I will spray the topcoat. I may brush the inside because it is a bit tight for spraying. I'll let you know when I get into the wiring, it should be pretty straightforward but the wiring diagram on the starter from Grizzly is a bit weak.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Looks like we are going to have ourselves a competition here. Steve with his #3 Intimidator, and Woodguy with his #24 rainbow warrior. So who will win the crescent or the meber?

M

McRabbet

Steve -- it looks fantastic! I'm sorry I haven't been around to help jockey mega-weight parts around, but as you know, I was off on being a good son and becoming a new Gramps over the past 2 weeks. Don't hesitate to call me if you need my back for a table lift again or for any other deck swabbing chores. I'm sure you are aching to put that first 6 x 12 beam through her to see how fast it will make chips -- you might need one of these Giant Economy Sized Blowers to augment your Dust Collector for this baby!

Rob

Attachments

• th_1_0a_9_2.jpg
    th_1_0a_9_2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS