Prefab Pergola

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBradley190

New User
Tim
Here's some pics of the pergola porch we just finished at our house at White Lake. Not that complicated of a project to build except that I tried something I had never done before. It's hard for all the guys in my family to get together enough weekends to complete a project like this and we wanted to get it done in a hurry to prepare for the in-laws 50th wedding anniversay party next weekend. So I designed it and precut every piece in my shop and built the steps and benches to cut down on time. It didn't go together as easily as I thought but there were no major "uh-ohs".

Tim
0372.JPG

View image in gallery

0331.JPG

View image in gallery

034.JPG

View image in gallery

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Very nice. When you said prefab I was thinking you bought a kit, not that you built it from scratch. Great job. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work.:eusa_clap

The scale sure looks good with outside of the house. IMO, it looks much nicer than a simple flat deck.

Well done!

Wayne

TBradley190

New User
Tim
Yea Tom, it did cut time but not Tim lol! From start to finish on site was about a day and a half, but I spent a week getting it precut and ready to go. They kinda frown on construction on the lake front between Memorial day and Labor day because of all the vacationers, so another reason to get done quickly. It was fun but I don't think I'll try it again, atleast not precutting everything!
Oh! and did I mention that we screwed and lagged everything...no nails!!

Tim

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Great looking job, Tim! Is this treated stuff? Are the vertical posts for a handrail?

Also, what direction do the rafters run (N, E, S, or W)? I ask because I was thinking of building a similar design over my back deck, but was thinking to align the rafters E & W, and of a width and spacing sufficient to hide the sun and maximize shade.

Again Tim, great looking job. I like it!

Bob

Glennbear

Glenn
Great looking job, Tim! Is this treated stuff? Are the vertical posts for a handrail?

Also, what direction do the rafters run (N, E, S, or W)? I ask because I was thinking of building a similar design over my back deck, but was thinking to align the rafters E & W, and of a width and spacing sufficient to hide the sun and maximize shade.

Bob

Interesting questions Bob, when I eventually build one it will be shade the back deck from the brutal low setting sun. My questions on that build will be similar. :wsmile:

TBradley190

New User
Tim

Thanks Bob, Yes its all treated (which will be painted white eventually) except the decking is composite. The verts will have a 2" manilla rope for a handrail. And it is a good question about the direction, the rafters are pointing south-southeast, so they deflect the most light in the morning and evening. It prolly would have looked better to run the rafters parallel, but would have defeated the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS