Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, 13% buyers premium...

the normal 10% irritates me, I guess it will keep going up until people don't show up...

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Wow, 13% buyers premium...

the normal 10% irritates me, I guess it will keep going up until people don't show up...

Yeah, but if you pay cash or pre-approved check it's only 10% :)

What gets me is I attended an auction, and asked the buyer's premium and it was 20% plus 3% for credit cards. People still were paying big sums for items, I did the math on a few and they could have bought cheaper on Amazon.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
There are a couple of things that interest me, but the 13% buyers premium is not one of them. I've never attended any sale where there is a buyers premium as it smacks of greediness to a higher level. The buyer's premium makes it difficult to compute what you are actually paying, then add 7% sales tax to that. Better off buying it new with a warranty.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I recently saw a buyer's premium of 15%.... They are getting out of sight. I did notice a lot of dust collection equipment, but a very dusty shop. :swoon:

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Like the caption says: 40 years of fine work. That equipment looks well used... beat? Buyers premium that high? Not me.

Looks like another cabinet shop died a slow death to the automated CNC upgraded shop?

Last edited:

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Like the caption says: 40 years of fine work. That equipment looks well used... beat? Buyers premium that high? Not me.

Looks like another cabinet shop died a slow death to the automated CNC upgraded shop?

Probably more of the death due to pre-built imported cabs and less custom work. Housing price points that used to call for custom cabinets now use the lesser price imported pre-built cabinets (or flat packs that assemble on site). And lack of succession planning often happens, when these guys ready to retire, they never lined up replacement to keep the company running.

And with that amount of dust everywhere, I don't think equipment maintenance and upkeep high on his list of priorities. I'd consider clamps and such if priced right, I did get all my bar clamps from an auction and even after the buyer's premium I paid about 30 to 40 cents on the dollar versus new. I'm pretty sure I got lucky that day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS