Powermatic Table Saw Casters

windknot

Scott
Senior User
I saw a thread that was several years old regarding problems with the casters on Powermatic table saws. I have a 2000B Powermatic and the urethane casters have completely disintegrated. PM wants $40/caster on their website so $160 + shipping. The saw is extremely heavy and I see no way to access the built in carriage except to tilt the saw on its edge somehow. Has anyone replaced their casters with another less expensive option and how did you go about removing and replacing?

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I saw a thread that was several years old regarding problems with the casters on Powermatic table saws. I have a 2000B Powermatic and the urethane casters have completely disintegrated. PM wants $40/caster on their website so $160 + shipping. The saw is extremely heavy and I see no way to access the built in carriage except to tilt the saw on its edge somehow. Has anyone replaced their casters with another less expensive option and how did you go about removing and replacing?
Is it out of warranty?

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Unfortunately it is. I believe it was your post I saw from 2016. The red urethane wheels completely crumbled

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
Had the same problem a few years ago on a well used saw, so we (the owner and I) put it on a heavy duty mobile base...cheaper than new wheels from Powermatic and worked just as well.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS