Powermatic lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

old-delta

Wes
Senior User
Powermatic 3520B lathe never been used. Opinions on what's the maximum should I pay? O accessories except what came when new. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

llucas

luke
Senior User
I have that model and love it. I believe I paid about 3k new and would quickly pay close to that to replace it in new condition.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
I haven’t been following the pricing on these lately, but the 3520C is right at $4,400 - 4,500 and at least a couple times a year that gets discounted by 15 to 20% or other promotional pricing.

So, for $1,000 more, you get a more robust and refined lathe with a warranty and fewer surprises.

The electronics in the 3520B can have issues. There are well established fixes out there, but they still cost a bit.

Historically, I’m pretty sure Powermatic does Black Friday/ Cyber Monday pricing. So if you’re not in a hurry and the extra $1,000 for the 3520C is a possibility, you may see that pricing sooner than later.

BTW, we’ve had this discussion in the past. A few years back, the sale price for the 3520B was $2,500 with the bed extension. I think there were threads on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors