Powermatic customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianInChatham

New User
Brian
Every now and then I come across a negative post about Powermatic since they were acquired by WMH tool group, and just wanted to throw my $.02 in on the subject.

I have a PM2800 drill press, certainly a rather spendy indulgence on one of the less complex pieces of equipment we have in our arsenals. A few weeks ago I went to tighten a bit (keyless chuck), and one of the 3 jaws snapped right off at the base. Rather surprising to say the least. It's only a couple of years old, still covered under the 5 year warranty, so set about trying to find a warranty repair shop here in town. Called several around town and discovered it's a bit tough to find one, and the ones listed on the Powermatic site were no help either- no longer in business, didn't deal with this type of equipment, etc.

So, getting pretty frustrated at this point, my last resort <gasp> is to pick up the phone and get a real live person at Powermatic.

All I can say is WOW!! Took maybe a minute from the time they answered until I was connected to a technician who got my SN#, name, etc and had a new chuck on it's way to me no questions asked. I ended up chatting with the tech for a few minutes and he answered several questions I had about a couple of unrelated issues. He was very personable and clearly was extremely knowledgeable. Made a believer out of me, was the best customer service I've had in a long, long time, so I thought a few kudos were due.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Sometimes its so easy to accept good things as how it's supposed to be and move along. Glad you had a good experience. There are still good people and companies out there that know what customer service is!:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS