PowerMatic 2000 Reliable Casters???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Guys,:wsmile:

It's was nice to meet you all today at Klingspors!!!:icon_thum

Guess what I bought today? :eusa_danc A PM2000 and was wondering how the heck I was going to get that beast off my truck and into my garage.:dontknow: Well there was a bunch of guys having a party next door and I thought hey there ya go. I asked them and they said sure lets do it. :icon_chee We got it down with ease, emptied the box and then they left. I emptied the insides and tried to lower casters and when I saw the table start to raise just barely, I heard a loud sound like something broke.:icon_scra My wife & I tipped it over onto a board carefully mind you, and noticed something laying in half on the ground. :wmad: Yeah doesn't that stink...It was one of the sprocket's. It had broken it half, what the heck man.:kamahlitu I thought this thing was tuff. :gar-Cr

Anyway I will be calling customer service.:BangHead:

Again it was nice meeting everyone and I appreciated all the great info.:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:icon_thum:thumbs_up:icon _chee:gar-Bi

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio

"That John denver's full of poop man.":icon_scra

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It was great meeting you guys today. And you bought a PM2000? Holy cutting iron batman! Of course, I can't give you the official "you suck" yet until we see pictures of the saw, but I'll start saving my bigs fonts for the occasion.

Shame about the casters, but I'm sure customer service will take care of you.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
It was great meeting you too Bas, NCpete, Toolferone, DaveO, and everyone else it's 1:30 am and I am wasted, I am off to bed and will probably be awake by 6am like I all ways do for some odd reason.
Welp I hope you have all seen the picture of the caster by now and Yeah it Sucks.
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2042 if you didn't click the link the first time, cause it did happen, I have the pic's to prove it, I was just late....He he he:BangHead: DaOooo.

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
P1070278.JPG

P1070271.JPG

Here are the pictures. good luck on the casters.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
To saving the clickin'
P1070271.JPG

Now you officially SUCK in a good way

P1070277.JPG

And that really sucks in a bad way.
I am sure that either Powermatic and/or Klingsopr will make it right promptly...something has to be made on a Friday or Monday :eusa_doh:

I was sure that you were going to come home with the Sawstop after seeing the demo...it impressed me more than I thought it would.
Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
OK, a broken caster really stinks. But still, you got a PM2000!!! I know, I know, you want it NOW. And have it all ready to go TODAY. I'd feel exactly the same way (One day, I would like to learn how to be patient, provided it doesn't take too long...).

But, you'll get this sorted out before you know it, and you'll be the envy of most of us here. OK, and since there are now pictures, here it is:

YOU SUCK!!!
I see in the photo you have all the essentials to setting up a saw - manual, wrench, and phone to call customer service.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congratulations Mathew!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Man O Man. You didn't fool around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

I am sure that you will enjoy that saw for many, many years to come!

If it helps at all, you may want to check out this thread authored by none other than Steve Coles - "our commander and chief". He got himself one of those saws and gave us all a play by play of its setup. It may save some grief down the road.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5294&highlight=PM2000

Enjoy and have fun. (You know there are lots of envious folks out here now!)

Wayne

Last edited:

Badabing

New User
Joe
Hey Matthew,
Consuckulations on the new saw! You will love it :icon_thum Sorry to hear about the broken part, they don't make Spacely Sprockets like they used to:gar-La;

I'm not surprised you picked the PM2000 over the SawStop. The price difference is over $1000. That's a lot of other tools you can get when you think about it. I think the SawStop is an awesome piece of machinery and probably well worth the price tag. Just too much of an investment if you dont' actually make money from using it like some of the pros do.

Good luck with the new shop setup, it looks great so far!!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Whoa, you jumped in the deep end Matthew :eusa_danc
Congrats on the golden monster . . . I'm sure you are going to love it once the problems are resolved. :icon_thum

Sorry I missed you yesterday. Apparently I left about the time you arrived.

:eek:ccasion1
Roger

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Let's not get started off on the wrong foot now. You gotta go get a piece of MDF or tempered hardboard & cut it to fit over the top of that new saw so's those wrenches don't damage the finish. :eusa_danc Consucks 2U.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
In the words of Jed Clampett...."Welll Doggies"! That's purty.

You SUCK! And of course, I"m jealous!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Yes the broken sprocket, for the caster does SUCK!!! And then again Paul called today while I was napping and left a message that he didn't send me the Rails to my saw. Wow what a busy day. Oh well he is very kind and will be mailing it tomorrow.

It was really nice to meet you and everyone else, You all have such knowledge and wisdom. I hope to be at your levels soon...Oh wait a minute I do have a PM2000 now I can do anything...I'm all powerful due to my PM2000:eusa_danc...Ha ha ha. Oh wait was I dreaming again.

Name this Movie, "It's a chefs pal, its a slicer, dicer, peeler all in one, WOW Thats Amazing"!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Matthew,

You gotta stop hangin' out with us WGD enablers. Once the caster problem is fixed, I'm sure you will enjoy your PM, BTW......
You Suck !
Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS