Power vent face shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Joe - which wood is getting to you now? After a bad reaction to leopardwood, I bought the Triton model: http://www.amazon.com/Triton-PRA001..._1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1275084709&sr=8-1

I was getting dust around me neck and down my back, with the rash over much of my torso, so I picked one that would cover my head and shoulders. So far I'm glad I have it (the first one sent through Amazon had a defective battery pack, and Amazon was great at getting the vendor to send out another unit, overnight, even before I sent back the original)

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Joe - as long as the battery has a good charge, the air flow through the hood is enough for cooling and humidity control. The battery runs for about 7 hrs, but once it begins to drop off, the air flow drops as well, and it's very noticeable. The screen fogs up quickly. There are earmuffs incorporated into the design and they're pretty good. Let me know if you want to test it out.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Joe there were several similar threads in the last year or so. Do a search on the word Trend or respirator. From what I have heard the Trend Pro is the top of the line but at $300 plus.

A respirator is high on my list of future purchases too so let me know what way you go.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Joe there were several similar threads in the last year or so. Do a search on the word Trend or respirator. From what I have heard the Trend Pro is the top of the line but at $300 plus.

A respirator is high on my list of future purchases too so let me know what way you go.

I believe WoodWrangler has one of the better models. :icon_scra

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I believe WoodWrangler has one of the better models. :icon_scra

I have the Trend Airshield Pro. It's a really nice mask and is about the middle of the price points for these types of masks. 3M makes one that is about double+ the price, and a few companies make some lesser models. If you do buy it, I would consider Klingspors as they had the best price of any place I looked by far (including websites). Add a discount for DQ members and you've got a deal and a half!

Here was a review I did a while ago on it with some pics of my ugly mug :gar-La; ... http://newtoolreviews.com/reviews/trend-airshield-pro-ear-defenders

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Joe, while I don't own 1, this and the GVP series are the Cadillac of PAPR systems. They have the price tag to go with it though.

I also keep thinking about this system.

GeorgeM

New User
George
I have been using the 3M Airstream since 1993 because of health problems. It is costly but as good or better than any on the market.

For the price it allows me to keep woodturning and working wood that I would not be able to do otherwise.

Have a Blessed and wonderful day. Remember all our Vets today.

George

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
I have the air shield pro (lung issues) and even use it cutting my lawn when the grass is dry. Look like Darth Vader on a John Deere but it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors