Powder Post Beetles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Tim, an interesting experiment on your part. Kudos. A few questions...

1. How about some pics of your version that would help the other guys cook their wood stash? The wood is stacked and stickered?

2. What are you using for heat and air circulation? Temperature measurement?

thsb

New User
Tim
will try to send pics later tomorrow. but basically i did sticker everything with one inch stickers and left room in the middle of the stack for further air circulation. i used a meat thermometer. The one i was using yesterday was dubious so i bought another one today. I punctured the sides to measure temp that way (filling in the holes i left with extra styrofoam and then taping over it). but i started worrying about internal temps so placed it inside with some difficulty. it is hard to be completely convinced but i have measured from all over and the temperatures are consistent.

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
About 6 years ago, I made a coffee table using a live-edge maple slab for the top. It was completely finished, using polyurethane. After a few months, we noticed a few more tiny holes appearing on the top of the slab.
We got a very large plastic bag, put the whole table inside, then dumped a whole can of boric acid powder inside. Let is set for a month, then washed it down with a hose. Never had a problem since!

thsb

New User
Tim
a couple not very great pictures of the wood stack and then the insulation box. i still don't fully believe that it worked because it was too easy, mostly i don't completely trust the thermometer readings that i took. sorry for the dark pictures....

image1.JPG
image1(1).JPG

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Looks good Tim! As long as your thermometer is trusty and you took the readings from the bottom, you should be good.

thsb

New User
Tim
Thanks Scott. It is the thermometer I am a little concerned about but think it is ok. Having fun so will do further testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS