Post what you're building..

Ralrick

Rick
Corporate Member
I am a newbee to woodworking and this is one of my first pieces. Walnut cigar ashtray with inlay strip and bloodwood. I placed a removable slate round in tray for snuffing out cigar.
Looks good. Do you mind sharing the dimensions? I'm just starting to make a couple of these from some left over IPE scraps and would be interested in knowing. Rick

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
I finally made something out of wood again, seems like all i've been doing lately is restoring tools (which i thoroughly enjoy) So i decided to stop and make a stand for my Worksharp 3000, not fine woodworking by any means but very useful.
View attachment 205329
As others have asked - did you make it up or did you find plans that you worked from? If so, can you share them, or at least say where you got them?

JLP

New User
Joey
Built vanity for my Master Bathroom made my raised panel doors and base end out of White Ash and used Natural Minwax stain to bring out the wood grain. Used ML Cambell water white vinyl sealer and ML Cambell Dull Top Coat to look like a Dull hand rub finish

Attachments

• 83927E97-FF47-4620-933A-B1065D684BD8.jpeg
    83927E97-FF47-4620-933A-B1065D684BD8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

ConwayCustoms

Rory
Senior User
Cut a few 16' pieces of pressure treated 1x6"s into 20" lengths, then glued 2 together to form 2x6's.
Made 7 of these, which I will affix to the garage ceiling, so I can run 24' of ceiling track for my flame retardant partition.

I'd post pictures of these "lovely" pieces, but.... :p

I'm still dragging my a$$ with putting together my 1 car garage shop in my 3 car garage. :(
I've been in my new house for a hair over 8 months, but I blame it on the dogs.

JNCarr

Joe
User
Final posting on the outfeed table... The last 2 hours spent cutting a port in the platform, building a dust box that goes underside and building a shroud with a hinged cover.
The cover just rides on the saw as it's moved to the wood for a cut. Will see if I get some wear there and have to bolster it with some HDPE or similar.
The shroud just clears the underside of the outfeed table when lowering the saw out of the way.
After several trials with and without the shroud, I estimate it captures more than 95% of the dust that I can see.

@Hank - happy to have you stop by to see it in action - just let me know.

Attachments

• Platform and shroud.jpg
    Platform and shroud.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • Saw down.jpg
    Saw down.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • Saw with shroud.jpg
    Saw with shroud.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 76
  • Underside dust box.jpg
    Underside dust box.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 77

Bill J

Bill
User
I finished a couple of bigger projects and knew I was going to have limited time in the shop so I decided to clean up my scraps and make a few cutting boards. I may have gotten a little carried away. I'm almost embarrassed to post these after seeing the posts from @Bill_L and @bobby g but I think the cafe wall illusion and cubes came out pretty well. Still some sanding and rounding of edges and corners - that shouldn't take too long on 32 boards, right?

Attachments

• 2021-10-19 17.16.08.jpg
    2021-10-19 17.16.08.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 80

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I haven’t built anything since I hurt my hand. Did a little turning and a lot of thinking, still trying to make plans to revolutionize my shop. Getting rid of things I can’t use and organizing the things I want to use more. Trying not to buy anything until I’m sure I will use it.

Henry W

HenryW
Senior User
I finished a couple of bigger projects and knew I was going to have limited time in the shop so I decided to clean up my scraps and make a few cutting boards. I may have gotten a little carried away. I'm almost embarrassed to post these after seeing the posts from @Bill_L and @bobby g but I think the cafe wall illusion and cubes came out pretty well. Still some sanding and rounding of edges and corners - that shouldn't take too long on 32 boards, right?
Yup - i'd say a more than a few of those turned out very nicely!

Fishbucket

Joe
Senior User
I finally made something out of wood again, seems like all i've been doing lately is restoring tools (which i thoroughly enjoy) So i decided to stop and make a stand for my Worksharp 3000, not fine woodworking by any means but very useful.
View attachment 205329

I need something like that for my sandpaper. Just don’t know where to put it.

TB2

Kent
User
Bout to finish this one up. Owner is in the saw mill business and loves his wood. Had to do a lot of sweet talking to get that wood backsplash. His wife wanted brick all way around. Whole house remodel that hasn’t been touched since 1968

Attachments

• 594E2B3F-6144-43C6-89E4-F7610D47248C.jpeg
    594E2B3F-6144-43C6-89E4-F7610D47248C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • 21ACD27C-E4DE-485C-91F2-4EF3E16419B1.jpeg
    21ACD27C-E4DE-485C-91F2-4EF3E16419B1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 3F6EC075-0CDF-4CD1-8964-5500EE0EB3B1.jpeg
    3F6EC075-0CDF-4CD1-8964-5500EE0EB3B1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 65

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS