Post deleted,

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Well, I was watching the Snow and Yankee post closely yesterday, thought it could go downhill, but it didn't. Then we got another one posted, so I just deleted it. I did not delete the post. I thought it would defiantly go downhill.

Post is here

We do such a great job of handling negative posts here some of the moderators seldom get to see posts that get deleted. That is one of the reasons I only "soft" deleted this message.

This is an opportunity for someone to ask why it was deleted, or see an example, question my actions, ect...

MikeH

New User
Mike
The funny thing is......David knew it would get deleted and said that in the first line.

Ok, I'll take the bait. Why did you delete Clay?

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
1> When the posts opens up with... "I know this will be deleted....", well... it probably will.

2> I would classify it as Argumentative behavior.

Here's the other thing. Perhaps I shouldn't post this part.. Moderators.. please moderate if necessary... :eusa_thin. I have lived in the south all my life. Born here, probably die here. This post says more than "southerns can't drive in the snow, and Yankees think they can". When I read this post, I was like... HECK YEAH.. and RIGHT ON... I am 100% sure there are people that stand on the other side and are yelling... YOU IDIOT and so forth. I personally, wouldn't post a response to this baiting, but I am sure someone else would, then the battle would be on. Some boards live with this stuff. I'd rather just say, Move it along.. nothing to see here....

MikeH

New User
Mike
I knew the answer, but for the sake of others I went ahead and asked. :-D I agree that he was more or less looking for an argument. We don't need that on here and I think he knew it. There are times when you just have to get it out there and let someone else reel you in. My wife does it with me all the time. :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hey, that's my forum Clay :slap:

So thanks :icon_thum :mrgreen:
Saw the initial thread and thought it might go downhill. But I didn't see David's post until I checked the Moderators' forum this morning/afternoon. I usually check that first.

Another good lesson from this:
Don't be afraid to moderate any thread on any forum . . . except the Moderators and Admin forums. Members post almost 24 hours a day and I doubt if any staff member is online more 4 hours a day (DaveO and elves exception duly noted :lol:)

I like using the soft delete, set for a day or two. If I've been offline for a several days I go to the Moderators Log to see what mischief I have missed.

Roger

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I agree with some of his points, and I am sure it could have gone further... I don't see it as argumentative as some, but... I am a Yankee, we drive better in the snow, we do everything better, and I like the explanation for why Southerner's speak slower --- being known to have suffered from foot in mouth disease:oops::rolf:

all in all, good call.

cskipper

Cathy
Good call. If I responded I apologize. Have to remember to read posts from a different perspective. Thanks for catching it.

The post re: BCBS this am could go downhill too, but it hasn't so I left it. should I have moderated it?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Didn't get on line very much yesterday and so missed most of this. I do agree with the delete. That post did seem to be flame bait.... and it wasn't even woodworking flame bait.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS