Possible problematic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44749 Although this thread was quite well written the content of his rant is close to the edge of unacceptable according to our policy regarding politics. The problem is that it may be seen by some as an invitation to rail against government. Personally I was tempted to respond since although I agree with a majority of his feelings I disagree with his take on helmet laws. I have seen first hand the economic, health and emotional damage done to families in states where riders are not required to wear helmets. To avoid stoking the flames I kept my thoughts to myself. On the national scale personal liberty vs "common good" has become a hot button political issue with the extreme polarization of the two national parties. I leave it to those moderators who are assigned to this forum category to take whatever action they deem necessary. :wsmile:

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'll send him a pm letting him know rant paragraph is too tempting for the thread to do political. Unless everyone feels I should just monitor the thread. It looks like everyone is steering clear of the political statements and just congratulating him on the saw.

I can still PM him and let him know that although the thread hasn't gone off subject that we prefer to keep political statements and subjects off the forum.

Thought?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'll send him a pm letting him know rant paragraph is too tempting for the thread to do political. Unless everyone feels I should just monitor the thread. It looks like everyone is steering clear of the political statements and just congratulating him on the saw.

I can still PM him and let him know that although the thread hasn't gone off subject that we prefer to keep political statements and subjects off the forum.

Thought?

I would ask him to remove the paragraph in question. If he doesn't that I would remove it for him. I believe there was one post that referred to the content of that paragraph, I would also ask vetteman to delete his post

MikeH

New User
Mike
I haven't been near a computer since I posted earlier. I'll send a PM as soon as possible unless someone else wants to send it.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk 2

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'm one of the mods,but can't send PMs from my phone.

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS