Possible Opportunity for a Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

New User
Gary
Looking for a retiree woodworker to build cornhole boards (Fuquay-Varina)

Date: 2011-07-21, 10:15PM EDT
Reply to: sale-fgmfh-2506778086@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are looking for a retiree, adept at woodworking and woodfinishing, who would be interested in building quality cornhole boards - for sale at our sporting goods store. We have a steady need for NC State and UNC cornhole boards, and also do a reasonable business in other area teams and custom requests.

We and our customers require a higher level of quality in design, joinery, and finishing; and we specifically require the use of officially licensed logo decals/stickers.

If you enjoy woodworking and would like a small side-business, we think you'd find this quite enjoyable. Please give us a call at our store: 919-567-1583

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2506778086

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I believe this could be a problem unless the store has already purchased the licenses.

As far as I know, anyone can put a registered logo (college, pro team, etc.) on anything they want - car window, bedroom door, etc., etc. or anything they make- as long as it is for personal use.- but I don't think it is legal to put on something you plan to sell unless you have a license.

The store specifically states "we specifically require the use of officially licensed logo decals/stickers." Who will handle the license and pay for it, the store?

You might be able to get around this by using the color scheme when making the boards, but requiring the purchaser to buy and apply the logo decal.

sawduster

New User
Robert
You say true Alan :icon_thum College teams, NASCAR, and Disney are some of the most aggressive concerning copyrights . any one who thinks about doing this should be sure there is no gray area there. It could be an expensive lesson. Fortunately for me I learned this vicariously from a fellow crafter who didn't know and paid the price :no:

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I called, listened, read posts; :icon_scra:icon_scra:wconfused: for sure I have questions not answered.
First point; THIS IS CONSIGNMENT WORK. Your design, you do all finish, YOU BUY the decals from a website that YOU find; you price it where you think, IF it is acceptable to them, they take and try to sell, WHEN and IF it does then they "say" they will pay you.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Not sure if it's the same people, but if you check Craigslist, there is someone selling these on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS