Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/2573110601.html

100+ Year old Maple Wood (Mebane, NC)

Date: 2011-08-30, 8:54AM EDT
Reply to: sale-etzm9-2573110601@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Calling all furniture/cabinet makers! I was given 100+ year old maple wood from my grandfather's family land where "The Color Purple" movie was filmed. My intensions were to one day have something made from it but I have decided that after years of it sitting in my garage, I would like to sell it. It is beautiful wood and could make really beautiful furniture for someone! I am asking for a fair price, someone's Best Offer! The wood is in approx. 2"x (8" or 12") x 8' boards. I have two large stacks lining both sides of my garage that are about waist high. I am trying to surprise my husband with a cleaned garage when he returns late next week and would love to get this moved out by mid next week. If you don't have a truck to pick it up in, I could arrange a local drop off.
Please contact me immediately with an offer if you are interested.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2573110601

manfre

New User
Manfre
"I am trying to surprise my husband"

If he's the woodworker and she's not, then he'll definitely be very surprised!

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Someone has taught her to price it by the board foot. She's asking $2 for the 8" X 8' (she has 11 pcs.) and $3 for the 12" X 8' (she has 4). She says it's straight and flat and that the wide boards have been surfaced. I'm thinking about going to look at it tonight. Anyone interested in buying some if it's any good? I could bring it back to Pittsboro for you.

bobby g

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I could probably use a few pieces of the 8"x8' if it is truly 2" thick as she said and it turns out to be Hard Maple, not soft. Let me know what you find.

- Ken.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Bill,

I bought all that was left. 4 of the 8" boards appear to be clear, some have a knot or 2 and some are pretty bad. The wide ones, 15", have about 5.5' of clear wood out of 8'. The wide ones have been surfaced and the color is not like the maple I have had in the past. It's kind of pinkish. There is a little Ambrosia look to some of it.

She had quite a pile of short pieces that I brought back for the Davidson School shop. We had talked about accumulating a big pile and taking down there. Are you still interested? If so, we should start a new thread and see if we can fill my van. Small pieces of sheet goods are useful too.

bobby g

manfre

New User
Manfre
If there are any usable short pieces of hard maple 2" x 2+" x 12", I would be interested. I've been turning lots of baby rattles. Apparently, many of my friends are at the breeding age.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
If there are any usable short pieces of hard maple 2" x 2+" x 12", I would be interested. I've been turning lots of baby rattles. Apparently, many of my friends are at the breeding age.

I'll check it out and let you know. Be careful, it might be in the water!

bobby g

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Just because you drank from that water once does not make you safe!!!!! BE VERY CAREFUL, it can happen again and again and.........

:rotflm:.:rotflm::rotflm:.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS