Porter Cable Sawblade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Notice the new variable-tooth 10" blade in the local HD, and I think I saw the same blade on the New Yankee Workshop Unisaw. Does anyone here have this blade, and if so, is it worth the $$$?
The concept sounds good, a combination blade that gives smooth rips and crosscuts at the same time.
Let me know what you think. Many thanks

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have read a bit about this type of blade. It is supposed to do OK ripping and OK crosscutting, but not great at either. Personally, I do not buy blades much for the TS at HD anymore. I have gotten to where I stick with the higher end Freud's and Forrest blades FWIW. My .02

dtomasch

New User
David
I used one on my 10'' makita sliding MS...Just OK. I think the best blade at HD is the Rigid titanium blade(gold color). I have had good luck with these. my .02

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For less than $50, Woodworkers Supply will sell you either a DeWalt 50 tooth combo blade( item # 123-098 ) or general purpose 40 tooth blade (item #123-113). DeWalt numbers are DW7640 and DW7657 resectively. These are Quality blades and represent a good value. IMHO

Edit: Any use of 8 and ) together gets translated to 8) - Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For less than $50, Woodworkers Supply will sell you either a DeWalt 50 tooth combo blade( item # 123-098) or general purpose 40 tooth blade (item #123-113). DeWalt numbers are DW7640 and DW7657 resectively. These are Quality blades and represent a good value. IMHO
I don't have a clue as to where the smiley face in the above post came from,(It won't go away!) but it should say 123-098

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Mike,

I have moved to the Forrest and Freud full kerf combo blades. They give a good cut. The Forrest WWII seems to last longer between sharpenings than the Freud LU84R010 but the Freud is a little bit less expensive. (Don't know if Freud has since replaced the LU blades).

For a bargain blade I have bought a few Leitz blades from Mike Jackson. I think his handle is Xcesstooling on woodnet. They won't last as long between sharpenings as the Freud/Forrest but provide a very clean cut. They are about the best value for money I've seen. I use them when I have dulled all of my other combo blades but forget to send them out for sharpening. Mike is very helpful and provides fast delivery. Here's a link to his woodnet post... WoodNet Forums: short sale on sawblades til I go out for surgery-Prices fixed

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors