Porter-Cable 895PK Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Hi Joe,
I have some, but very little actual experience with this router kit, but you may or may not know I have one for sale right now. You are more than welcome to come out and play with it as much as you like. Just let me know.
Russ

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Joe,

I've got a few routers out there... Ok, maybe a lot of routers out there.... And I can tell you, without reservation, that the 895 PK is my Favorite!

The dust collection while cutting mortises, or template routing works well; the speed adjustment is nice; it has more than enough power for just about any routing tasks; the plunge action is very smooth; the fixed base adjusts accuately, without going out of round (problem with the 690's); it swaps from plunge base to fixed base with no tools, in seconds; and the price is nice too!

And I'll mention this, only because I know this question is coming: I did not make it top router in my current review, or even review it for that matter, only because it did not meet the criteria of a 3HP Plunge Router

hope this helps,

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Gregory I value your opinion. How well does the dust collection work and about what size hose does it take?

Thx, Joe

Russ, PM sent....Joe

jhreed

New User
james
I have the 893pk, which is the same router but different plunge base. If I had known how good this router is and how strong it is, I would have never bought my 3-1/4 hp router.
James

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Joe,

The dust collection works well in template routing, and mortising applications - So, so for edging though - But that's kind of expected. The only router whose dust collection has ever blown me away is the festool's.

Anyway, I use a Festool Midi vac with my PC 895, but the hose from the festool won't fit right into the PC, beacuse of a little collar that runs around the dust outlet. So I actually use the hose from my PC 6" RO sander in between the router and the vac. I think it's about a 1 1/4 dust port, but I'll have to measure for certain.

I think I'm going to buy 1 or 2 more of these combos!

Best,

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Tom also thinks it's 1 1/4, and I've got 1 of those.
So, based on the input from you guys, I'm taking the set that Russ doesn't want to ship when he moves.

Joe

jhreed

New User
james
Boy do I love it when North Carolina Wood Workers are on a roll. This sounds like one of those "win, win" occasions. One member sells some tools, another member gets a good deal.

Joe, give us a review on the performance of your Porter Cable aquisition. We know PC is not paying you.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS