Porter-Cable 690 router brush cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick7938

New User
Rick
Today I took the cover off of one of the brushes of my P-C 690 router to check for wear. Bad mistake!!

First, the brushes showed hardly any wear after 5 years.

Second, when I went to replace the cover, I couldn't figure how to hold the top of the brush so that the ears went into the slots while screwing on the cap.

Third, the threaded portion of the brush cap kind of disintegrated into chips. I must have cross-threaded it.

Can someone please tell me:

1. Is there somewhere close to Fayetteville that I can buy the caps or must I order them?

2. How in the heck do you compress the brush spring and screw the cap on at the same time?

Much gratitude in advance for any help.

TracyB

New User
Tracy
Hi rick,
I did the same thing with a used router I bought on ebay. I dont know where you can go an buy the caps, I ordered mine on ebay from "lectric tool dude" I think what his name. He had caps ,brushes, and even the cord stiffener thing that always cracks on those routers. You know the part ot the cord where it exits the motor housing.
Anyway, I got mine back on by putting the brush in and holding it down with a very small flat screwdriver while I put the cap on, then removed the screwdriver and got the cap started. I know thats not a good explanation, but Thats about the best I can do.
TracyB

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
ereplacementparts.com,Best service for parts I,ve ever found. Fast service and shipping and much cheaper than e-bay by far

T

tmwassack

Hey Rick,
A quick Google search showed a Porter Cable service agent in Fayetteville - http://www.hurstannaho.com/. Hope this helps!

Respectfully,
Tom Wassack
Asheboro, NC

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS