portable sawmill needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Who has a mobile portable sawmill that can do some sawing in Mooresville.I obtained several large white oak logs and I cannot cut them up for firewood.One is 35" across .Tonite I was called about a 125 ' tall Red oak tree that is coming down and I can expect delivery this weekend.There is a lot of lumber in that one also.Had to turn down two large maple trees from the same guy till I can find a portable mill.Thanx,
Greg

Dragon

New User
David
Whut chu talkin about Willis? Where ya gittin' all that wood Man?:banana: Large(?) Maples??? Dang fine wood there if'n it ain't rotted already. Better have a look-see at it and scope out any burls that might be hanging around. Don't fill up the wood bin just yet; we's got us some some trees t' cut ya know.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
David,
What I have right now is White Oak and it was all cut up.The base of the trunk was too big to haul down to my house.One crotch had alot of ants so that is probably why it was cut down.I have 3 sections that will mill up some decent lumber.I had to pass on the maple could not fit it in the yard.It was clear ,straight, any kind of boring.Believe me I checked it out.I will have many more opportunities.Plus with what you have to cut wood should not be a problem.I'll call you tomorrow.Later,
Greg

Dragon

New User
David
Sounds like you got some nice wood to play with. :icon_thum With the cooler weather on us now, I'm planning on getting in some shop time and seeing what I can work up to make room for more stuff.
:gar-Bi

saw4you

New User
Jack
Greg, I will come out and saw for, just let me know what fits your schedule. PM me if you want or call 919-669-1859

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Jack,
I just realized where you are, are you thinking I'm in Morrisville.I'm in Mooresville ,36 miles from Charlotte.Let me know because that is a long way to cart a sawmill.
Greg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jack,
I just realized where you are, are you thinking I'm in Morrisville.I'm in Mooresville ,36 miles from Charlotte.Let me know because that is a long way to cart a sawmill.
Greg

Jack pulls his sawmill around with a Chevy. See when you have a Chevy, 36 miles from Charlotte ain't all that far. The wife just took my Chevy to the left coast (Ocean Side California) and back here to the right coast. That ain't even very far when your in a Chevy :)

Now if Jack were driving something besides a Chevy. I would say 36 miles from Charlotte would be a long ways to cart a sawmill.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
You let her bring it back? How many times did she have to stop to have it worked on? :gar-La;

You know there's a comedian in every crowd - I think this site is full of jokers... But then again if I were driving something besides a Chevy - I would have to joke around too just to counteract all the crying.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Jeff,
you know why Ford chassis are used the most for tow trucks,so the odds that a chevy will make it home go up considerably.
Had to do it.
Greg

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Kyle,
what is the most accurate way to guesstimate the weight of a log.In this case they are White Oak.If I knew what they weighed I probably could make some arrangements to move them.
Greg

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Jeff,
Thanx for the link,you know I'm just giving you a hard time.I've owned both and they can be great and they can all act like dodge's when you need them the most.
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors