porch ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
For the house and especially in a place nobody is really going to look anyway, I'm all about low maintenance. If it were me and unless I really wanted to paint the ceiling a different color, I would go with vinyl beadboard for the ceiling....one and done. Something similar to: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda...anel-Planking-Moulding-3-Piece-0102/202033620 If I really wanted to paint it, I would probably go with pine beadboard paneling. Unless someone has an obvious issue, like you are trying to correct, when is the last time you really looked at someone's porch ceiling? 99.99% of people won't even notice (or appreciate) a porch ceiling made using T&G cyprus versus a beadboard panel.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
A couple problems with the plywood. First, it's thin so it will sag over time if not properly supported. Second, if running long way their will be a 4' joint at end of sheets.
The first problem can easily be overcome by ensuring you have proper support (duh). The second problem can be easily overcome by installing it the short way or hidden by caulking the joint or installing a trim piece. As I mentioned earlier, when was the last time you really examined someone's porch ceiling close enough to notice a hairline joint?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
If you're going to paint it, have you considered Hardi Plank? Would last forever and not need painting for probably 10 years or more. It's on our porches and we have been very satisfied.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Sorry, I don't have any advice on the ceiling, just wondering about mint juleps when it is done.

[h=3]MINT JULEP[/h]This celebratory drink invites a break from tradition by adding greater depth of flavor with Founder’s Reserve’s creamy sweetness. It’s one of those rare cocktails that becomes more refreshing as you drink it.

• 4 mint leaves
  • 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Water
  • 2 oz. Founder’s Reserve
In a julep cup, gently muddle the mint, sugar and water. Fill the cup with crushed ice, add Founder’s Reserve, and stir well until the glass is frosted. Garnish with a mint sprig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS