poppop

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppop

New User
Don
new to the block - but this place sounds like a wealth of knowledge.retired for 15yrs and am into some serious woodworking.
bought a 6' grizzly jointer which i love but wou ld like to upgrade to an 8'. any suggwestions about how to go about this
poppop

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to the sawdust pile Don!
I'm sure you'll get lots of answers to you jointer question. Several folks recently upgraded to Shop Fox 8" and, of course, opinions abound :lol:
Here's a link to Shop Fox review on the site done by Webmaster Monty :icon_thum

Looking forward to you input,
Roger

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
welcome friend. I too want to upgrade to an 8in jointer soon. Maybe we can all go in on a deal and get a discount from grizzly.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcom Poppop! Sounds like three of us need to go in for a jointer deal. Perhaps we can take advantage of another deal on the Shopfoxes??? (Can't mention that I want to get a shopfox around my wife, she might get jealous ;) ) IIRC, the shopfox 1741 came in cheaper than Grizzly, and there were no shipping charges.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Don
Welcome to the best WoodWorking site on the whole WWW! There a lots of great folks here always willing to share. We would love to see your work and shop so set up a photo album and post some pictures. Here is a link on how to post pictures.

J

jeff...

Welcome to the wood chip pile, glad you joined. You could always purchase your new 8" and sell the 6" like most folks do here.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Poppop. I've got a Grizzly 6" jointer, too and have been happy with it for most work. If you want to graduate to an 8" jointer, the aforementioned Grizzly 0490 and Shopfox W1741 are the same jointer, manufactured in S.E. Asia. The parallelogram adjustments are reported to be excellent -- see Monty's review, mentioned above. As for your 6" unit, we have a good Buy and Sell Forum and a great network of folks going from here to there in the state to move equipment from one member selling to another member buying (I transported a 6" Grizzly from here in the mountains to Greensboro, where another member took it the rest of the way to its final home north of Durham).

Welcome to the site -- look to see your pics and your posts.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS