Poplar - $1.00 per Bd Ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLetts

New User
Carl
Don't feel bad. *I* was starting to feel bad because I felt like *I* might be hijacking Brent's idea of a lumber run. I'm just the closest to Wilmington and I have the time and space so I offered to go get it and store it.

I spoke with Amy a few minutes ago and I'm going down on Thursday to pick it up. If anyone still wants to buy some of it, just let me know either here or via my email (cletts@nc.rr.com). If no one is interested in this any more because of a closer source, I'll have no hard feelings.

-Carl

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Thanks, Carl - that's mighty generous of you! That's close enough for me to drive to.

I'm willing to pick up from Carl's and bring it to N Raleigh. Depending on timing and your location, I may be able to drop off along the way. If this is dried (I'm assuming it is) I'm good for about 400-500 bd-ft in my trailer at 2.5 lbs/bd-ft. I'm looking to keep 50-100 bf-ft for myself.

batk30msu

New User
brent
Don't feel bad. *I* was starting to feel bad because I felt like *I* might be hijacking Brent's idea of a lumber run. I'm just the closest to Wilmington and I have the time and space so I offered to go get it and store it.

I spoke with Amy a few minutes ago and I'm going down on Thursday to pick it up. If anyone still wants to buy some of it, just let me know either here or via my email (cletts@nc.rr.com). If no one is interested in this any more because of a closer source, I'll have no hard feelings.

-Carl

I am still planing on 100 bd ft form the CL post.

I was just thinking about the future with the 8/4 since this is all 4/4.

Maybe a new thread needs to be started to separate the two ideas.

batk30msu

New User
brent
Thanks, Carl - that's mighty generous of you! That's close enough for me to drive to.

I'm willing to pick up from Carl's and bring it to N Raleigh. Depending on timing and your location, I may be able to drop off along the way. If this is dried (I'm assuming it is) I'm good for about 400-500 bd-ft in my trailer at 2.5 lbs/bd-ft. I'm looking to keep 50-100 bf-ft for myself.

Chris,

Living in Southern Wake I doubt you will want to drop off to me but I would like to pick up my 100 bdft from you in N. Raleigh.

TominZebulon

New User
Tom Meehan
I would be interested in 100 bf from whichever is available. I am not picky on the source, but I have been looking at picking up 100 bf from somewhere for awhile now. I can drive to Durham or Goldsboro or Raleigh or wherever to meet/pickup. If there is some still left from the wilmington run, I guess I will get it from there as I am actually a little closer to Goldsboro to meet Carl than I am to Durham. But it really does not matter to me.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I recall a few years ago i came across a (one) poplar log that was almost 6' in diameter and would have yielded a good 1500 BF. I was going to QS it into wide plank 8/4 diving boards and ask Scott Smith to kiln dry it. But I had zero interest for $1.00 a BF so i let the log go on to the landfill :( boy things change in a few years.

Have a great time at the lumber run, i really miss them lumber runs.

CLetts

New User
Carl
Picked up the poplar today. I want to let everyone know that this is not FAS lumber. When I got there, he then told me it was #1 common. Most of it is between 4 - 5" wide with some around 8" wide.

CLetts

New User
Carl
I was late to the party, so let me know if there is any left over.

right now I have the following people listed as interested. Please contact me via email to confirm your interest. thanks! :wsmile:

Brent - Holly Springs - 100b'

Gonzalo - Cary - 100b'

Chris M. - Raleigh - 50-100b'

Mike - Chapel Hill - 100b'

Dirk - Clayton - 100b'

Tom - Bailey - I would like to have about 100b' left for myself, so depending on whether everyone is still interested and depending on how much Chris M. wants, I can let you have 50 to 100 bf if you'd like.

-Carl cletts@nc.rr.com IMPORTANT>>>Subject: Poplar Lumber Run

batk30msu

New User
brent
Picked up the poplar today. I want to let everyone know that this is not FAS lumber. When I got there, he then told me it was #1 common. Most of it is between 4 - 5" wide with some around 8" wide.

Well, I would still like some.

Chris, are you still planning to go down to Goldsboro with your trailer?

Carl, are you available this weekend?

atun

New User
atun
nice price

w.png

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Chris, are you still planning to go down to Goldsboro with your trailer?

Yeah, I can do that. Next weekend is looking good for me (Mar 8/9) if that works for Carl.

For anyone who is in-between Goldsboro and N Raleigh, I can drop yours off on the return trip (or I suppose you can come along if you like). If you're in the RTP area, I will try to accomodate a pickup/delivery as my schedule permits.

Chris

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
For those of you who may be interested, I had some time free up tomorrow and will try to get down to pick up the poplar tomorrow afternoon, if Carl's schedule allows. PM me if you would like me to bring yours to Raleigh. I have 400bf of space available in my trailer.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Picked mine up yesterday....spent about an hour down there. Had a good chat with Carl. Very nice Chap.. thank you sir

CLetts

New User
Carl
Anyone who has not contacted me about (and is still interested in), getting some of this poplar, please at least contact me by this weekend. It doesn't have to be picked up right away but I need to finalize what I will be keeping. I have 200-300 bf. that I can still let go. Thanks! :icon_thum

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I would like to get as much as 100 bf if it is still available but, of course, would take less than that if you are running out. Can pick it up this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS