Pony express Salisbury -> Pittsboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Can Anybody out there help with getting the Delta Miter saw that I have just won on the auction by TracyP from His home in Salisbury to me either in Apex or Pittsboro?

I am away on vacation starting Thursday this week and not returning until Sunday June 15th. I doubt anything could be arranged before I leave (although I would LOVE to get my hands on the saw before I go!) so sometime after the 15th would be great.

Happy to contribute gas money!!

TIA,

David

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
re: Pony express Salisbury -> Pittsboro

I'm not if we can pull this off or not, but I"m going to Washington, NC this weekend from Charlotte (leaving Friday). If we can get it to me, and if someone (another NCWWer?) will be around that area when we pass thru ... I think it could work, but might be a bit of a mess.

DavidF

New User
David

Thanks Jeremy. Once I get back, I could also arrange to meet anyone at say Greensboro, or up in the Raleigh area somewhere.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Jeremy, I'm in Hillsborough. I assume you will come out I40? I could meet you at an exit this weekend.

If nothing better happens, I plan to attend the next TWA meeting in June and could get it the rest of the way.

Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

I'm not if we can pull this off or not, but I"m going to Washington, NC this weekend from Charlotte (leaving Friday). If we can get it to me, and if someone (another NCWWer?) will be around that area when we pass thru ... I think it could work, but might be a bit of a mess.
What do I need to do to get it to you?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

What do I need to do to get it to you?

Good question... I'm not sure ... what do now know is that we are for sure leaving Friday -- but we don't know when. Might end up being in the morning so we can take the kids by the zoo on the way over. This means I'd have to get it before then ... and unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to run up there.

Anyone near TracyP coming down into Charlotte (near 77/Harris or 85/Harris) that could get it that leg?

TracyP

Tracy

The saw is in the ride that I drive to work every day. I am 3/4 mile off of exit 75 on I85. I will have it with me from tomorrow on. I can meet someone at the exit 75 exchange at any time during the day.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Jeremy on your way back to Charlotte will you have room to take 80lbs of turning blanks that need to get to Tracy? These are the blanks Guy won. I believe there are 9 in total.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Jeremy on your way back to Charlotte will you have room to take 80lbs of turning blanks that need to get to Tracy? These are the blanks Guy won. I believe there are 9 in total.

Probably so. We have a minivan these days (too cool, I know! :rotflm:). I think we are coming back Sunday afternoon sometime.

DavidF

New User
David

Thanks Guys, I VERY much appreciate all the effort that is going in to getting this saw moved around.:eusa_clap

M

McRabbet

I bumped it too -- over to the Pony Express Forum with a new title.

TracyP

Tracy
I will have the saw with me today at Steve Cole's house. If I leave it there can someone get it to David or hold it till he gets back in town?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If Steve can hold it I can pick it up from Steve and store it. Just a note. Steve does live closer to David then I do.

M

McRabbet

IIRC, David works in Apex and he could probably arrange to pick it up at Steve's. If not, I could drop it off at David's on my way back to the mountains on Monday -- I'll be at the BoD meeting later today and David lives off NC 87 just north of Pittsboro (I'll need a refresher on directions to his house).

DavidF

New User
David
That's great news! I am back "in State" now and will contact Steve by PM today. Thanks SO MUCH to everybody that helped get the saw in the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors