Poly Belt for Drum Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I have the Performax 22/44 Plus drum sander and it's standard sandpaper belt. Mine has seen better days and is nearing replacement. A few years back I looked at belts and saw that the pro's use a poly belt instead of sandpaper. They were $300+ at the time ...

Well, a few years later (now) I get back into the market and can't find anything online. I did find an old forum post about this company selling them, so I gave them a buzz. Guess what ... the price went down! I guess the supplier kept getting price increases too the belt was getting close to $500, so they re-sourced the materials and now the belt is $110! (Yeah, I ordered one) :thumbs_up:gar-La;

Here's the details ...

http://www.timberww.com/contactUS.aspx

Timber Woodworking Machinery
935 E. Southern Ave
Mesa, AZ 85204

Phone: 480-926-2131
Fax: 480-926-2857

novice99

New User
Mike
Jeremy-
are you replacing the conveyor belt or do they make poly backed sandpaper belts for drum sanders?

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Are these just for Performax or do they carry belts for other machines? I want to replace the conveyor on my Grizz 24" DD sander. Their site doesn't have much info.

I'll be interested to see what you get.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Are these just for Performax or do they carry belts for other machines? I want to replace the conveyor on my Grizz 24" DD sander. Their site doesn't have much info.

Mine should be here in a week, or so, and soon after I'll get it installed and see how it does.

I'm not sure about other brands. I'd just give them a call directly. They are a smaller business and are very helpful.

Last edited:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, I received my poly belt and got it installed on the drum sander today. All of about a 10 minute install ... too easy. We'll find out how well it works on the next project~!

DSC_00303.JPG

View image in gallery
DSC_00322.JPG

View image in gallery

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Thanks Jeremy. That looks like a nice belt, unfortunately, not what I'm looking for. I want the thicker conveyor belt like the ones that come on wide belt sanders and the newer Grizz dual drum sanders. I guess I need to keep looking, or pay what Grizzly is asking.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
McCleod Belt in Greensboro can get you what you're after Alan but I doubt it's cheaper than Grizzly. I got a price from the years ago for someone on here but I can't remember exactly what it was.

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Thanks Phil I found a couple of places that make belts for WW machines- (Rubber-Cal in California, Kiser Belt and Machine in Kings Mtn, NC, etc.). Some offer quick turnaround. I may call them just to check on prices, even without calling, the belts look pretty pricey. I'm cheap, anyway, and when it costs half as much to replace the belt as I paid for the entire machine, I think twice. If I used my dual drum sander more, and was doing commercial stuff, I would get one right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS