Political Ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Can we get this ad blocked?

NCWW%20AD.jpg

I don't even know what they are pushing for or about, but it doesn't belong here.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Politics is as sure a way to start a tobacco spitting contest as discussing religion or SawStop patents. If this were a thread, it would be moderated out of existence pretty quickly. Does our site policy have the same rules for ads as it does for threads?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
For it to be blocked we need the domain name of the advertiser. So far the ad hasn't shown up for me so I don't know what it is.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
There is no policy, but we have always shut down anything like this. Let me see what I can do

Steve,

Thanks for working on this one. My question was meant to be rhetorical. I'd like to suggest to the board that we really should match our acceptance of ads with our policy on threads. Maybe the boundaries for ads would be a bit more blurry than for threads or have slightly different rules, but having no policy says we can accept ads for all sorts of stuff. I proffer this warning with consideration of the fact that folks from Russia, India, the Philippines, and who know where else have tried to become 'members' and in consideration of the delightfully informative unsolicited emails we all receive.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Should now be blocked. Let me know if you still see it after an hour or so.

Travis Porter - There seems to be a new way to block ads. They have 9 special categories of ads. The categories seem pretty much to align with our "against policy" categories. When you go to the list it show the percentage of revenue we had by those ads. The total was less than 1%, so I took it upon myself to ban all ads in those categories. Let me know if there is any problem with that. I'll ignore you but feel free to complain:rotflm::rotflm:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve,

Thanks for working on this one. My question was meant to be rhetorical. I'd like to suggest to the board that we really should match our acceptance of ads with our policy on threads. Maybe the boundaries for ads would be a bit more blurry than for threads or have slightly different rules, but having no policy says we can accept ads for all sorts of stuff. I proffer this warning with consideration of the fact that folks from Russia, India, the Philippines, and who know where else have tried to become 'members' and in consideration of the delightfully informative unsolicited emails we all receive.
There always has been the intent that a match occur. In fact at first we wanted only woodworkering ads, but to make any money on a consistent basis, we needed to allow other things. The ads that come through Google adsense, there is no way to pre-accept or even post filter ads.:BangHead:

The problem has always been HOW to filter the ads, so it had been doing it on a case by case basis. I don't really know if anyone knew how to filter out the ads even on a case by case basis. That's why I jumped in relatively quickly.

While I was there, I found out there was this "new" way of filtering and Implemented it.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Should now be blocked. Let me know if you still see it after an hour or so.

Travis Porter - There seems to be a new way to block ads. They have 9 special categories of ads. The categories seem pretty much to align with our "against policy" categories. When you go to the list it show the percentage of revenue we had by those ads. The total was less than 1%, so I took it upon myself to ban all ads in those categories. Let me know if there is any problem with that. I'll ignore you but feel free to complain:rotflm::rotflm:

:eusa_naug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS