Plumbing what kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
What type of plumbing are these supply lines?

uploadfromtaptalk1445109670886.jpeg

Thx

LB75

George
Looks like CPVC supplying the valves and can't remember for the life of me what the other piping is called.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
The house I bought in Creal Springs has this type of plumbing (CPVC?). The house was built in 1920, so obviously the plumbing has been upgraded. I just wanted to identify the type.

Reading on the internet about CPVC seems like its a cakewalk to work with.

Thanks Guys.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
The house I bought in Creal Springs has this type of plumbing (CPVC?). The house was built in 1920, so obviously the plumbing has been upgraded. I just wanted to identify the type.

Reading on the internet about CPVC seems like its a cakewalk to work with.

Thanks Guys.

If youre concerned about codes, you may want to find out if that meets local codes before you add on to it or modify it in any way.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
the supply lines look as everyone has said to be cpvc pipes, presonally if I were doing it and if you have other plumbing to redo I would invest in the crimpers (they can be a little costly) and use pex pipe, it is a lot easier to deal with and a better quality product.

That being said the part that would concern me is the drain lines, I am assuming this is on a sink and you would want to double check in IL but i'm pretty sure plumbing code requires a vent on all sink drains. These are easily added with a few extra connectors under the sink. I attached a link that shows how to do it on a similar setup to what you have. http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/kitchen/sink/drain/02/replace_old.htm

Also, if this is plumbing in an old house I'm sure you have smelt some wonderful things today :eek:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
You guys keep mentioning codes, there are no code here. The plumbing in this house doesn't scare me at all... but the electric that's a completely different story - I'm scared and I admit it.

I stated taking the drop ceiling down in the kitchen and my said OMG what kind of crazy #### is that? And it's rare she actually swears. Both these pictures are above the drop ceiling in the kitchen.

So just how many "code" violations can you count in this pic?
uploadfromtaptalk1445135408305.jpeg

Here is another side of the kitchen also above the drop ceiling. How many violations do you see here?
uploadfromtaptalk1445135595382.jpeg

I'm getting my bolt cutters and its all coming out and i'll run it right.

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
With no building code, there are NO code violations. But using common sense, I don't see much that is right in pictures.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hope you've got a good volunteer fire department there. Most house fires are caused by either electrical shorts or kitchen mishaps.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
With no building code, there are NO code violations. But using common sense, I don't see much that is right in pictures.
You can't fix stupid... I have not had the electricity, gas or water turned on yet. And when I do, one breaker gets turned on at a time. Obviously the kitchen breaker will not be turned on until I fix that mess.

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
With a mess like that you don't have any guarantee that the panel is labeled correctly either, so be careful.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
From the pics, that looks like CPVC supply lines. CPVC is for hot water, but works fine for cold also. The fittings are not interchangeable with PVC. As mentioned before, you need the correct glue.

I have seen "p" traps before to stop sewer gas back-up, but must admit that is the first Capital P trap!! The drain piping appears to be regular PVC.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS