Plumbing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Due to some poor planning on my part I have to redo the air piping in my shop which includes an auxiliary air tank. The easiest way to do things would be to include a ground seat union in the 1/2" steel pipe line. I have used these unions before with natural gas and water but never with the higher pressures in an air system. For the plumbing gurus out there, is this doable ? I know that unions can be persnickety and I do not want to end up with a chronic leak if they are not suitable for air pressures. :wsmile:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Glenn,

Been there, done that, no problems.

My current system has three unions in it w/o leakage.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
We used these where I worked (aircraft hangars) many times and they worked well. The pipe was anchored somewhere on both sides of the union (i.e the union was not used with a free hanging regulator, etc, right after the union). We were running over 200 psi to the regulators and never had a problem with the unions leaking.

Go

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Remember that the hydraulic shock in a water line far exceeds anything you will ever put in an air line.

aplpickr

New User
Bill
Go to a real pipe supply and not a BORG. Buy an American made union, not a cheap, Charlie Chinese special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS