New User
David
Not to mention, prettier and classier.
2x24x26_walnut.jpg

View image in gallery

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Hard to beat wood from the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them verse plastic that is made by man

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I have known that as well, but I never knew why it was more effective and better. This study puts it to rest.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I don't think I would have included this in the summary of that study:
"Although some established scientific laboratories say their results differ from ours, we have received multiple communications from school children who have done science projects that have reached essentially the same conclusions that we did. "

Bamboo might be even better.
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/equipment/overview.asp?docid=11874
Natural antimicrobial and easy to cut on.

I still like my thin Ikea plastic cutting boards for garlic,ramps, onions, herbs and things that stain. Just chop and fold the cutting board, pour it in the pan and toss it in the dishwasher. They come out clean and fresh.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I don't think I would have included this in the summary of that study:
"Although some established scientific laboratories say their results differ from ours, we have received multiple communications from school children who have done science projects that have reached essentially the same conclusions that we did. "

Bamboo might be even better.
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/equipment/overview.asp?docid=11874
Natural antimicrobial and easy to cut on.

I still like my thin Ikea plastic cutting boards for garlic,ramps, onions, herbs and things that stain. Just chop and fold the cutting board, pour it in the pan and toss it in the dishwasher. They come out clean and fresh.

HA! I think that is quite humbling. Smart kids!

Glennbear

Glenn
No scientific method, just my own observations.....unlike plastic an end grain cutting board is somewhat "self healing" from knife cuts. HDPE cutting boards are a great source of material for ZCI's, router table, and drill press table inserts. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors