Plastic disk replacements for bandsaw needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member

Sorry for the picture here but I thought it would help if you were certain about what I am searching for in this thread. I have a 20" Delta and I need some new round disks for my bandsaw table.

The disk measures just under 3" and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Might have to get some plastic and fabricate some myself.

Recommendations and sources to search are welcome.

thanks

0393.JPG

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
The one in my 14" Rikon broke pretty early on and I made one from some thin plywood. It has been in there for over ten years now.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
The one in my 14" Rikon broke pretty early on and I made one from some thin plywood. It has been in there for over ten years now.

Rikon does sell replacement inserts if anybody needs them, but I agree that it is simple enough to make custom inserts using plywood, MDF, plastic sheeting, or even a nonferrous metal that such is well worth considering. If you want something tough then you may wish to consider either HDPE/UHMW or Lexan (polycarbonate) for an insert material — all of which can be easily worked using common woodworking tools (though with routers it helps to dial down the speed to keep the plastic cooler).

My 18” Rikon bandsaw’s inserts measure 70mm (2.76”) by 4.9mm (0.19”), so too small for your bandsaw. Otherwise a circle cutter bit (or even a hole saw) and a scroll saw (or bandsaw with fine tooth blade) to cut the blade slot is a quick and easy way to make more from plywood as Mike suggests. If you need to make a small rabbet around the edge rather than thicknessing the insert then that may be easily done using a router table and rabbeting bit. Once you have everything dialed in go ahead and make up a dozen while you are at it so you won’t have to bother with such for a long while.

Good luck!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
A day late, a dollar short again: I have plastic insert that fits a 14" Grizzly bandsaw, free if you still need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS