Plasma TV Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Ok I don't have the time or skill to make this for my boss so I told him I'd see if any of you guys want to quote making one. We got this ad in the other day from Custom Service Hardware, Custom Service Hardware: Wholesale Hardware to Anyone Who Makes Sawdust. Call us at 1-800-882-0009. It's for a plasma lift for $ 500 and he got excited because he thought it came with the simple black box at that price. I told him it doesn't it's just for the hardware.​

TV-Lift.gif

We've poked around the internet and found a few people that make them I guess it isn't a huge market yet certainly not main stream, he saw one he really liked:

Television Lifts, TV Lift Cabinet, Motorized Furniture, Pop Up Plasma, Automated Furniture, Plasma Television Furniture

He lives in Weddington and I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested and have the time to do a simple box. The idea is to have it behind a couch in their living room and when the TV is down it'd essentially look like a sofa table then open up with the TV in.

Let me know if your interested and we can talk more about it. If nothing else now everyone knows where you can get these plasma lifts and other oddball hardware items.

Take care,

Phil​

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dang Phil,

I wish I had th time, I'd love to tackle that but there is no way I can do it now. I like his selection and anyone interested can probably get those turned corner pieces from Adams or Osbourne.

Steve

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
thanks for heads up on the corner pieces. I might tackle it if i can source those also the curved piece of moulding at the top if he would go straight i might can handle it.

would you have time after the first of the year or so?

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Phil,

I'm booked solid out through March, so April would be the earliest I could get into it. The curved piece on top isn't that challenging as long as you have horizontal panel bits. If he goes to a straight piece on top it would make it very easy.

Steve

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i think the curve is just a molding and not a true raised panel. so I was thinking essentially a plywood box with ornate moulding. I'll ask him about March it's been a sleeper project since june so what's another couple months.

D ON BOARD

New User
Dennis
I would love to do it but its never as easy as building just a box. I've done alot of these for boat interiors. (currently i have seven motorized lifts going into a 76' yacht including a 50"+ plasma)

Weight of plasma important
Height of plasma changes stop switches on lift
Speaker locations
Wiring inputs/outputs for plasma and routes for them to move
Also you never have just a plasma or lcd tv alone so what about a DVD player or hard drive dvd storage?

I've only done it with both plasma and lift in my hands to build so i assume i'am not a good local being located on the outer banks. But if I can be of any help please contact me.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
thanks for your reponse. i'll let my boss know and if i tackle it myself i could certainly use some pointers. a side note the DVD/media storage i don't think is an issue but good to bring up and a question to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS