Planing a resin table

Howertwo

New User
Josh
Does anyone know of a shop you can rent space that has an industrial sized planer? Looking at building a 4’ round resin slab table and the planer would help as mine is a small one.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
A 4' diameter table"? I think that Raleigh Reclaimed has some big equipment but don't know if they can handle a 4' table.

This would all be done before putting the resin on the table.

Last edited:

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
It is very unlikely that anyone with that capability will chance running a 4' diameter table top with resin no less through a planer. You might have a chance getting somebody to run it through a wide belt sander but you will pay at least the cost of a new belt for every grit you request. Be prepared

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
It should be very close to dead flat if done correctly. But you will have small ripples depending on what combination of resin you pour. Especially across 4' of table top. I use the high density MDF which is nice and flat so you start nice and smooth and you locate it on a level pouring surface.The new Rivercast from System Three is absolutely gorgeous but is pricey, and meant for deeper pours on river type tables.They have other options for thin surface pours.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
You could do it with a router sled, cumbersome but it could be done, then you would have to sand and buff

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS